Project Manager (Ex-Military Only)
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: £38,000 - £41,000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
As a Project Manager you will have to:
- Manage the operational delivery of the Infra Comms project portfolio as a managed programme ensuring all projects are delivered with their individual requirements for time, cost and quality.
- Show effective leadership of multi- disciplinary project delivery teams for the supply, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of telecommunications networks and associated systems.
The responsibilities of a Project Manager are:
- Manage the portfolio of projects ensuring all projects are delivered to contractual requirements for time, quality, safety, financial and commercial outcomes.
- Responsibility for project planning to ensure the level and competency of resources are appropriate for all assigned tasks at all times.
- Work with functional groups across the business to ensure resources are allocated appropriately to projects.
- Provide accurate planning, reporting and clear communications to key stakeholders and maintain this throughout the project lifecycle.
- To coach and mentor staff within project teams, to influence and encourage them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. To develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of project staff, ensuring that any training requirements necessary for successful project delivery are identified and met.
- To undertake progress planning, monitoring and reporting activities for all projects managed, in line with company procedures and reporting cycles; including the timely and accurate provision of weekly and monthly reports and programme updates.
- To undertake financial planning, monitoring and reporting activities for all projects managed in line with company procedures and reporting cycles; including the timely and accurate provision of contract review summaries, payment schedules and invoicing activities.
- Represent the company in a Client facing capacity to develop and manage relationships with customers, and other project stakeholders, to ensure that customer expectations are managed and met.
- Form and maintain a close working relationship with Infra Comms Business & Commercial Manager to ensure a common understanding for delivery of all projects in line with the commercial and financial models for each and every project ensuring project progress and planning is regularly and actively reported. Ensure that risks and opportunities are captured, reported and acted upon.
- Form and maintain a close working relationship with Infra Comms Technical & Engineering Manager to ensure a common understanding for delivery of all projects in line with the required technical deliverables on each and every project ensuring project progress and planning is regularly and actively reported and any technical issues that arise on any project are actively communicated.
- Manage and lead a varying number of internally and externally sourced staff across a range of disciplines on all the live projects within the portfolio.
- Ensure that all works and operations meet company, statutory and contractual requirements from start to completion.
- Deliver key messages in a clear and unambiguous style, both written and oral, to both Clients and Project Teams to ensure efficient and safe project and programme delivery.
- Accountability for site based projects that deliver the required outcomes of all Infra Comms projects to Specification and Contract requirements.
- Act in a Client facing role for Infra Comms for the Client and third party stakeholders in meetings and in written and verbal communications.
- Ensure commercial contracts and arrangements are reviewed, risk assessed, in line with company requirements.
- Ensure any scope changes or variations to contracts are understood by Clients, partners and scope changes and agreed by all parties formally before implementation.
- Actively seek out additional opportunities within the project or for additional projects for Infra Comms and other parts of the company's Traffic and Infra.
- Maintain a broad and diverse internal network in Traffic & Infra to share knowledge and where appropriate resource. Use this awareness to be able to develop any additional business opportunities that may arise for other parts of the business with Infra Comms Clients.
To be considered for the Project Manager position, you should have served in the British Armed Forces and have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- HNC or equivalent experience in telecommunications field.
- Project Management qualification (PRINCE 2) or proven project management experience.
- Knowledge/ understanding of fixed line/ mobile telecommunications infrastructures.
- Industry recognised supervisory management qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Knowledge of wide range of Company products and services.
- Significant experience of first line supervisory or management, ideally in a technical telecoms or electrical / electronics environment.
- Must be commercially astute with a good understanding of how finance underpins the business.
- Experienced in working in partnership with internal and external business partners.
- Fluent knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications especially MS Project.
- Use of formal risk management techniques.
- Experience of conducting key project meetings such as launch, Stage Boundary, lessons learned and Project Closure meetings.
- Must be a competent problem solver.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must have a deep customer-centric service delivery focus.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- High standard of verbal presentation and report writing skills, ability to research and collate accurate data in a timely fashion.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Ability to deliver cultural/ operational change in a technical/ engineering based environment.
- Self-motivated, driven.
- Team player.
- Resilience and tenacity.
- Excellent Organisational ability.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Good at working to challenging deadlines.
- Problem solving ability, often under pressure.
- Ability to engage, lead and motivate others.
- Independent and capable of working flexibly on multiple parallel projects.
- Problem solver.
- Full UK Driving licence and ability to travel / overnight stays when required.
- Willingness to work outside of contracted hours if required.
Ref: 12991 | Published: 25th Jan 2016