Product Assurance Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 6 months
Our client is a global pioneer in aeronautics, space and defence-related services, creating cutting-edge technology.
They operate in more than 170 locations worldwide. Most of the company's order book and growing industrial footprint now lies beyond its European borders.
Our client is the largest aerospace and defence company in Europe, and they are also proud of their European roots and achievements.
Responsible for the implementation of the Project Quality Assurance requirements to ensure that the delivered equipment is compliant with the Customers Contractual Requirements
General duties throughout the lifecycle of the product-
- The PAE is responsible for the implementation of a product assurance plan.
- The PAE will be responsible for ensuring that the quality requirements included within the Project Statement of Work such as the Reviews identified in earlier sections are planned into the equipment's schedule.
- Work in a team environment and be able to provide valued inputs and specialist knowledge to achieve the common aim or meet deadlines.
- Negotiating with external customers and in house equipment suppliers regarding quality standards/requirements, waivers, deviations, concessions, production easements etc.
- Will act where necessary as a single point contact for the resolution of all quality matters and ensure the inputs of Materials Engineering, EEE parts and other specialist disciplines are taken account of.
- Reviewing Company Standards and proposing changes where necessary to update working processes and to ensure that all equipment documents and drawings are signed by the relevant disciplines before signing and approving them for the configuration Control Board [CCB] to know they have been checked and approved by PA for all quality aspects.
- To maintain within the project adequate records to ensure that easy reference is available for monitoring past and present procedural or technical problems.
- To undertake system audits which assess whether all quality requirements have been addressed and have been (or planned to be) incorporated into the design solution. Random project/product audits will also be conducted to establish optimisation of processes and systems.
- Support to all Equipment Group disciplines in the creation of suitable, useful metrics, to measure effectiveness and to form a basis of improvement activities.
- Chairing Non Conformance Review Boards [NRB] for payload equipment reviews and providing delegated responsibility to Procurement PA for external payload equipment's whilst maintaining the customer interface responsibilities.
- Ensuring that first and second level closures adequately address the curative and corrective actions required. Undertake the review of non-conformance report statistics to ensure feedback is provided to Design / AIT / specialists as necessary.
- To perform other duties as requested by the equipment's Head of Quality.
- Ensure that preventive actions are taken account of for known quality issues thus avoiding repetitive problems
The prime duties that the PAE is required to perform by personal involvement and/or delegation to their team are:-
- To estimate and control all quality costs directly associated with their projects team, to co-ordinate the preparation of related cost estimates for other quality related resources such as Materials Engineering, EEE Components and CAD
- Undertake preparation of quality plans and risk identifying documents
- To ensure that adequate work instructions and records are maintained during the design, manufacture and test of the equipment
- Active participation in project risk review meetings at all stages of the Equipment design, development, and installation
- Ensure that both in house teams and subcontractors adhere to the Project PA Requirements
- To participate in Equipment Design Reviews ensuring that the quality requirements are fully addressed and that all open actions are completed
- Knowledge of company quality systems
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Recognise and drive solutions to major issues
- HNC/Degree in appropriate technical subject or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of product Assurance requirements for space application
- Experience in RF and/or Digital Electronic equipment design/manufacture support
POTENTIAL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE OF
- ECSS (European Co-operation for space standardisation)
- MRR (Manufacturing readiness review board)
- TRR (Test Readiness Review)
- TRB (Test Review Board)
- NRB (Non- Conformance Review Board)
- EEE (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
- Customer interfacing
- Chairing Meetings
Ref: 13140 | Published: 09th Feb 2017