Role: Procurement Specialist (ex- Military preferred)
Location: Allington, Kent
Start Date: Mid-August 2017
One of the leading waste management services companies in the UK, recycling and treating millions of tonnes of household, commercial and industrial waste.
Our client's core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services - household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance.
- Business waste solutions -waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies.
- Recycling - material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres.
- Green energy -recovery of energy from waste.
- Waste Processing -industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal.
They operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
To be responsible for the procurement of all parts, material, labour and commodities at the EFW facility in Allington, Kent.
- Implement group procurement strategy, policies and work instructions
- Create and implement local KPI's to track purchasing needs and deliver increased value
- Manage relationships with all suppliers in order to achieve greater efficiency / cost savings
- Thorough review of current contracts / agreements to identify areas of savings
- Work with plant engineers to define scope of services and specifications for goods and services and identify suitable suppliers.
- Preparation and management of invitation to tenders and request for quotations
- Negotiation of terms and conditions
- Order materials and services as per Group IMS procedures, seek approvals as necessary.
- Review quotations, make recommendations and negotiate terms and conditions with key suppliers.
- Manage the preparation, approval and issue purchase orders in accordance with Group company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Track purchasing activity and measurements.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Liaise with onsite accounts and head office accounts payable department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary.
- Review purchase requisitions for site purchases
- Reorder site spares in line with site stocking policy
- Participate in Group wide Procurement activities and liaise with Group team as required.
- Maintain a pricing structure for frequently purchased stock items
Qualifications and Experience (preferred)
- Ideally educated to "A" level standard
- Minimum 3 years' experience in procurement
- Experience of purchasing of commodities, services and capital projects
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite
- CIPS qualification desirable
- Self-motivated, capable of working in a team and independently
- Able to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to business requirements and working to close deadlines
- Able to work collaboratively / offer advice and support at all levels within an organization
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Sufficiently resilient and robust to effectively manage third parties
Ref: 13211_1500902587 | Published: 24th Jul 2017