Salary: £52,000 to £55,000
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
As a Principal Consultant you will be:
- Leading and setting the direction of all aspects of Information Security Management within projects and within the business. This includes ISO 27001 accreditation, Information Security Policy and Information Assurance including alignment with client organisation Information Security Management Systems.
- Leading and supporting the delivery of Inter-Urban consultancy projects.
- Providing specialist technical advice, direction and support to clients, sub-contractors, and other members of the consultancy services team, include liaison with other parts of Imtech Traffic &Infra.
- Demonstrating added value to Imtech Traffic and Infra UK Inter-Urban through internal and external consultancy work provided by the intellectual capability of Consultancy Services.
- Championing the adoption and knowledge Information Security Management within the Inter-Urban business and the projects it delivers.
- Representing Consultancy Services, Imtech Traffic and Infra UK and deputising for
- Consultancy Services Managers as directed.
- Planning and leading studies, project assignments, reports and workshops presentations,
- Leading project planning and management activities, including QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental), risk, change, and communication, to ensure delivery in line with agreed cost, timescale and quality requirements.
- Client liaison including the production of progress reports and invoices, development of bids and proposals, securing future work, and management of subcontractors and key suppliers.
- Liaison between the company and other Imtech businesses and partners, including instruction and management of sub-contracted work
- To manage Consultancy Services led project resource planning, liaising with other team leaders and project managers as appropriate; to ensure that activities are properly resourced; that clear direction is given to all relevant parties on project priorities and deadlines; and that synergies within Imtech Traffic and Infra are exploited.
- To help identify, justify and support research and development activities including liaison with the Inter-Urban Management team, Business Development, Imtech project teams and partner organisations and clients.
- To coach and mentor staff within Consultancy Service, influencing and encouraging them to take appropriate career development opportunities, and to develop and enhance their skills and knowledge by ensuring that any training requirements are identified and met.
- To lead, motivate and supervise Senior Consultants and Consultants within Consultancy Services, and other staff within multi-disciplinary project teams, to have accountability for their assigned work and ensure that project goals and objectives are communicated, understood and achieved.
- To undertake progress planning, monitoring, risk management, and reporting activities for all projects managed, in line with company procedures and reporting cycles; including the timely and accurate provision of weekly and monthly reports and programme updates.
- To undertake financial planning, monitoring and reporting activities for all projects managed, in line with company procedures and reporting cycles; including the timely and accurate provision of contract review summaries, payment schedules and invoicing activities.
- To ensure that all activities in regard to project identification, filing, document and software control, and configuration management are undertaken in accordance with company procedures.
- To work with the QHSE function, to ensure that project delivery is undertaken in accordance with the requirements of the company Management Systems, and to provide support to internal and external auditing activities.
- To review and continuously improve project delivery through the application of a rigorous lessons learnt process, and the dissemination of best practice.
- To develop and manage relationships with customers, and other project stakeholders, to ensure that customer expectations are managed and met, and customer satisfaction is achieved.
- To work with Consultancy Service Managers, Business Development and Bid Managers to contribute to the growth of the business, by providing support to bids and tenders, exhibitions, and other marketing activities and initiatives.
To be considered for the Principal Consultant role you should have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Degree level or equivalent
- At least ITILv3 Foundation level
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- ITIL Expert
- CISSP / CISA / CISM / CESG certification
- ISO27001 Lead Auditor and/or Implementer
- Consultancy Services
- Experience of ICT solution development, design and/or operations
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary delivery teams partners and projects
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Traffic or equivalent technical industry experience
- Working in 'client side role'
- Project Management.
- Experience of managing technology projects
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal and presentational skills
- Persuasive, pragmatic and diplomatic approach with clients, partner organisations and staff alike
- Management of risk; preparation and presentation of risk management plans
- Good English Language written and verbal communication skills
- Clarity of thought and ability to express requirements and procedures clearly and succinctly
- Can produce well written, clear, unambiguous reports and technical notes
- Able to work to deadlines and working autonomously when required
- Able to manage time and resources effectively
- Good analytical skills, with ability to disseminate complex information
- Competent user of business software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio)
- Contemporary experience of design, implementation or management of cloud computing, virtualisation, Big Data, ICT projects and systems
- Natural understanding of client and stakeholder priorities
- Specification writing
- Has presented papers at conferences and seminars
- Knowledge of traffic behaviour analysis / interpretation
- Self-starter, able to work under own initiative
- Good at working to challenging deadlines
- Ability to motivate others from whom input is required
- Confidence giver to staff, partners and stakeholders
- Conceptual thinker, problem solver
- Independent and capable of working
- flexibly on multiple parallel projects.
- Interest in solving transport issues
- Driving Licence
- Flexibility for travel and occasional over-nighting
- Passport for possible business travel to Europe
Ref: 13064 | Published: 24th May 2016