Role: Plant Operator (ex- Military preferred)
Location: Sutton Courtenay, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Permanent
No of vacancies: 3
Start Date: ASAP
One of the leading waste management services companies in the UK, recycling and treating millions of tonnes of household, commercial and industrial waste.
Our client's core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services - household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance.
- Business waste solutions -waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies.
- Recycling - material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres.
- Green energy -recovery of energy from waste.
- Waste Processing -industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal.
They operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
The plant operator will be required to operate mobile plant to aid in the acceptance and placement of waste inputs form customers. This must be achieved in a timely fashion whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety. They must maximize void utilization; maintain all site equipment in line with company Procedures and Best Practice whilst achieving a consistently high level of customer service.
The working day is 06:45 until 17:15, Monday - Friday. There may be additional Saturday and Sunday which may to be from 06:45 - 14:00.
- Operation of Site in Compliance with all requirements, operating to all legislative requirements e.g. PPC ,Health and Safety Law
- To comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery
- Ensure that all actions maintain a safe and healthy environment for self, colleagues and customers
- Help to maintain high level of housekeeping on site including canteen/mess and locker rooms
- To operate site plant in order to deal effectively with any road borne waste
- To ensure that waste is covered at the end of the shift in order to comply with the requirements of the Environment Agency and the site's permit.
- Maintaining Company Property and Equipment so that it is fit for Purpose. To ensure that machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refuelling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and company procedures.
- To report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the machinery.
- Reporting of incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses
- Promote Culture of Excellent Customer Service
- Ability to identify non-conforming waste
Qualifications and Experience (preferred)
- Have qualification in the operation of heavy plant such as;
- Tracked Loading Shovel
- Articulated Dumper
- To have worked on a waste acceptance site
- Some understanding of landfill operations
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task
- Work under known initiative
- Good people skills
- Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances
Ref: 13229_1504881042 | Published: 08th Sep 2017