Job Title: Pipe Fitter (Ex- Military preferred)
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
Carry out general pipework installation activities through effective organisation, planning, co-ordination and communication.
- Have an in depth understanding of LPHW heating, chilled water & domestic water systems including pressure testing
- Have general knowledge and understanding of above ground drainage, sanitary ware, compressed air and other pipework systems
- Have a good practical knowledge of and experience in steel, copper, plastic and stainless steel pipework systems.
- Coordinate and monitoring all on site functions covering health and safety, permit to works, deliveries, collections and sub contract activities
- Carry out installation functions as required in accordance with the scope of works and instruction received from the project engineer
- Ensure all operations are left in a safe state on a daily basis and client informed that operations have ceased.
- Support all requirements needed to carry out job related functions
- Maintain all vehicles, plant and specialist tools provided by EMCOR in good condition that allows all works to be carried out in a safe manner
- Take responsibility for all actions carried out whilst works in progress that has effect to client, public and themselves.
- Manage day to day functions appertaining to the works operations.
- Comply with all current EMCOR procedures and processes as issued
- Study contract drawings, specifications and inspect existing structures to assess material and equipment needs to establish the sequence of pipework installation and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical installation
- Keeps records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Good temperament, polite and courteous
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Highly motivated self-starter, with an adaptable and flexible approach
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract
- High standards of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals
- The ability to gather information from all relevant sources.
Ref: 13156_1489158122 | Published: 10th Mar 2017