Operations & Maintenance Engineer (Ex-Military Only)
Location: St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
We are currently looking for Operations and Maintenance Engineer to join NRTS (National Road Transport Service) team to carry out maintenance duties on the Highways Agency motorway telecommunications network, which at times also requires equipment installation works associated with either the roadside legacy infrastructure or the Alcatel core network.
Roles are available in the South East of England.
- Completing all aspects of maintenance duties associated with Outage/Fault rectification and Trigger Maintenance activities on either roadside legacy equipment or Alacatel core network systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that established and potentially new customer relationships are maintained and developed by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism at all times.
- Completion of all relevant documentation and sign off.
- Assist in managing third party subcontractors engaged in O&M activities.
- To liaise with the Lead Engineer, other Company teams and GeneSYS team in planning and programming work and to assist other colleagues in achieving their tasks at all times.
- Monitor and report to Management team on progress and issues.
- To promote the company and its services to our customers.
To be considered for this role you should be ex-military and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- HNC or equivalent and relevant industry experience.
- Experience in conducting maintenance activities within the telecommunications sector.
- Proven experience of working in a telecoms engineering environment.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Confident and able to work unsupervised.
- Some supervision of sub-contractors may be required.
- Build confidence and competence through the application of instruction and training.
- Understand knowledge level and when further clarification is required.
- Overview of MS Office suite.
- Good communication
- Team player.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Starter / finisher
- Able to work in outside environment.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces.
- Ability to travel/ stay away overnight when required.
- Willing to work outside contractual hours if required.
Ref: 12949 | Published: 25th Jul 2016