Salary: £27k - £29k per annum
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
We are currently looking for Network Engineer to work as part of the Infra Comms Team on engineering activities such as installation, commissioning and testing of installed infrastructure. This will include passive and active testing of installed equipment.
- Provide Technical Excellence whilst delivering Technical and Engineering solutions for Infra Comms.
- To become an advocate of ITIL v3, ensuring its practises and procedures are deployed within the business and kept up to date with future ITIL developments.
- To have a thorough understanding of Layer 3, Layer 2, and Layer 1 networking principles, and to have a proven track record in deploying networks across all of these Networking Layers.
- To have a thorough understanding of both 'Managed' and 'Unmanaged' active network equipment, and to have a proven track record in deploying equipment within both a 'Managed' and 'Unmanaged' network scenarios.
- To have a thorough understanding of Network Management and Element Management Systems, specifically 'COTS' type software applications; and to have a proven track record of deploying such NMS/EMS applications 'Out-of-the-Box' on customer networks.
- Deployment of passive telecommunications infrastructures including all aspects of installation, commissioning, testing and handover to customer 'On-Time' and 'In-full' (OTIF).
- Provide 'On-the-Fly' corrective actions surrounding any installation, commissioning, testing, and binary fault finding activities delivered via this role.
- Shall support the Project Manager during any project deployment, pricing for project, or post-project deployment works, at an engineering level to ensure the Unit functions as efficiently and as effectively as possible OTIF.
- Completion of all relevant documentation and sign off.
- Assist in managing third party subcontractors engaged in Infra Comms activities.
- To liaise with the project manager, other Business Units in planning and programming work.
- Responsible for ensuring that established and potentially new customer relationships are maintained and developed by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism at all times.
- Monitor and report to Management team on progress and issues.
- To show a high level of professionalism at all times.
- To promote the company and its services to our customers.
To be considered for this role you should be ex-military and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- HNC or equivalent and relevant industry experience
- Proven record demonstrating proactive approaches to setting and running 'on-the-ground' engineering initiatives
- Proven experience of telecommunications cable characteristics, including Fibre Optical Cable variations, Copper Cable Variations, and structured Building Cable (server farm) Infrastructures, together with provisioning, termination, testing and binary fault finding of cable related issues and faults.
- Prove track record of understanding core Telecommunications technologies at a Systems Engineering and engineering installation level
- Confident and able to work unsupervised.
- Excellent document drafting skills
- Some supervision of sub-contractors may be required.
- Build confidence and competence through the application of instruction and training.
- Ability to adapt to any existing or future technological / technical initiative.
- Understand knowledge level and when further clarification is required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Good communication.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Excellent customer focus and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Good at working to challenging deadlines.
- Problem solving ability, often under pressure.
- Self-motivated, driven.
- Team player.
- Ability to engage lead and motivate others.
- Independent and capable of working flexibly on multiple parallel projects.
- Conceptual thinker, problem solver.
- Starter / finisher.
- Able to work in outside environment.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces.
- Ability to travel/ stay away overnight when required.
- Willing to work outside contractual hours if required
Ref: 12918 | Published: 30th Jun 2015