Job Title: Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician - Electrical (Ex- Military only)
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
To provide general electrical/ HVAC/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
- Implementing all electrical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with the maintenance instructions and site specific procedures.
- Testing and inspecting electrical installations in accordance with industry standards.
- Providing accurate feedback information including completing test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensuring that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carrying out refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Responding to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Assume the role of Competent Person (Electrical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller.
- Developing and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Carrying out condition based monitoring surveys.
- Carrying out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertaking defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Assisting in providing information for technical and incident reports.
- Developing and retaining a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
- Assisting in the evaluation and release of passengers trapped in lifts
- Providing holiday and sickness cover for shift colleagues.
- Perform other reasonable duties as agreed with EFS management.
- Demonstrate qualities to deliver the contract requirements through effective communication, training and personal development.
- Ensure you proactively maintain your levels of training and competency and organise courses as appropriate to fulfil completion of work tasks
- Provide regular updates on work load to Line Manager Maintain day to day contact with the customer taking notes as required.
- Undertake an annual appraisal.
- Identify to your Line Manager operational improvements to ensure continued provision of high quality service.
- Through innovation and vision identify any business opportunity and pass information to Line Manager.
- Assist in production of regular reports using IT reporting tools and analytical data.
- Assist in other ad hoc functions within skills level, training and experience on an as-instructed basis.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and feedback through relevant and current procedures.
- Provide regular updates on work load to Line Manager
HEALTH & SAFETY
- In conjunction with the HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects, identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure all staff attend and receive regular toolbox talks in accordance with local procedures.
- Manage the preparation and submission for approval all appropriate Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments workflow and cost through effective management techniques.
- Ensure you have appropriate PPE issued and it is worn in accordance with associated risk.
- Ensure all equipment, tools and PPE are adequately maintained.
- Ensuring that the JDE ordering system is followed and that full accountability is available.
- The ideal candidate will have the 17th edition electrical C&G certificate or be willing to complete the course. Qualified to C&G 2360.
- Have or be working towards obtaining C&G 2391 inspection and test of electrical installations would be an advantage.
- Articulate, numerate and IT literate
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred
- Be commercially aware and have a reasonable knowledge of budget preparation, negotiation and management.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the field of assurance / health & safety and environment.
- Have good decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player, have an adaptable/flexible approach
- Will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment
Ref: 13144_1487760980 | Published: 22th Feb 2017