Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Ex- Military candidates only)
Location: Whitehall, London
Salary: £28000 - £ 29000 DOE
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 8.00am - 17.00pm
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They is a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
To perform all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract and supporting client sites.
Support the Line Manager in the day to day implementation of company policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality service to customers in accordance with
- Company Integrated Management System
- Company Employee Handbook
- Company Business Plan
- Company Client Business Plan
- Client Company Safety Procedures/ Instruction
- Company / Client Contract
- Ensure that your technical training and development is kept up-to-date.
- Ensure all Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance is completed to schedule ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Perform rectification of defects, ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all mechanical systems.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certification/ documentation is completed in accordance with client and EMCOR requirements.
- Liaise with and respond to the Helpdesk ensuring that urgent maintenance tasks are responded to within appropriate timescales.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and working practices are employed and ensure that you represent EMCOR in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform call out duty as required in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Comply with any reasonable request from line manager.
- This position requires ONC/OND, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant job specific discipline.
- Proven experience within a building services environment.
- Knowledge of PSSR 2000/Confined Space, Legionella, and Permit to Work systems.
- Articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Understand the cost of poor performance.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Service Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- The individual must be willing to attain an Appointed position (Pressure Systems and/or Confined Spaces).
- Motivated self-starter.
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract.
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals.
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change.
- Ability to lead and act with authority when required.
- Pro-active approach.
- Deductive Reasoning-the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems-analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- The ability to gather information from all relevant sources.
- The ability to communicate with supervisors and peers, providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
- The ability to organise, plan and prioritise work.
- Overtime 1.5 x basic
- On Call - 1 in 3
- Shift allowance £120 per week when on call
- 25 days holiday +bank holiday
- Company Pension Scheme
Ref: 13223_1502971282 | Published: 17th Aug 2017