Job Title: Link 16 Operation Co-ordinator and Trainer
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employs a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
Responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect to all Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) personnel.
- Capable of establishing a strong working relationship with the Base & RSAF HQ to ensure current Link 16 operational issues are understood and act as the Point of Contact for all aspects of Tornado L16 both in Saudi Arabia and at deployed locations.
- Working with the RSAF in support of the day-to-day planning and programming of L16 operations for the RSAF Tornado, identifying and de-conflicting operational requirements and functional roles for L16 operations across all King Abdullaziz Air Base Tornado Squadrons.
- Mission Planning Systems - demonstrate an understanding of Link 16 Planning systems, network designs and the generation of associated initialisation data. Shall be competent in the use and manipulation of data associated with the configuration of MIDS LVT-1 in support of network designs, mission specific planning and application and maintenance of Frequency Clearance Rules.
- Be able to extract information required to operate in the network from the appropriate Operational Tasking Data Links (OPTASK LINK) message directly to own-unit platforms. Coordinate local unit TDL equipment requirements and the networks to meet local-unit requirements, to include interfacing between higher-level agencies (i.e. RSAF Data Link Manager) in the Link 16 organisational infrastructure.
- Competent in the operation of Link 16 ground support systems (i.e. Battlefield Operations Support System, Ground Support System (BOSS GSS). Experience in monitoring diagnosing communications and integrity issues emergent within Link 16 Networks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Information Exchange Requirements (IERs) between L16 platforms, the identification of procedures to maintain operational connectivity where gaps exist. Maintenance of associated interoperability records between.
- Understand Link 16 based on the implementations defined in STANAG 5516 and Mil Std 6016, specifically up to version E in order to identify operational gaps between RSAF Link 16 components.
- Detailed knowledge of MIDS LVT-1 Hardware and Software integrations specifically implementations at Block Cycle 7. Experienced in the analysis of platform and network related issues at LRU level using diagnostic tools.
- Experienced in classroom, one-to-one/mentoring and associated training activities to support the RSAF in developing core competencies in this field. Able to identify and highlighting manpower and training gaps.
- Shall be competent in the management, handling and operation of crypto keys and key loading devices.
- Competent in Quality, Safety and Maintenance, harassment and discrimination etc.
- Identifying any practices, procedures or systems that are or could be a threat to safety or quality.
- Educated to degree level or demonstrate equivalent experience in a Link 16 and/or engineering environment
- Experienced in a Link 16 Manager Role (e.g. JICO / JDLMO Role) skills requirements and read across experience / equivalent roles.
- Extensive experience in a Tactical Data Link Military /Operational support environment.
- Understanding of the Link 16 Operation and working practices.
- The Job Holder is required to be fully knowledgeable on Export Control Requirements and may be required to handle Export Controlled/ITAR Data.
- Proven experience working with Link 16 equipment and Ground Support Tools. MIDS LVT at Block Cycle 7 and proficient in the implementation of STAGAG 5516 and up to and including Mil Std 6016E.
- JICO requirement - Completion of Link 16 Manager Course (JT-220) or Multi-TDL Operations Planning Course, JT-201 is preferred or equivalent European experience.
- JICO requirement - Completion of JT-102 Multi-Tactical Data Link Advanced Joint Interoperability Course or equivalent European experience is required.
- JICO requirement - Completion of JT-310, Advanced Joint Interface Control Cell (JICC) Operator Course or JT-301, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) Course or approved equivalent European courses. (Desired)
Ref: 13278/001_1537524693 | Published: 21th Sep 2018