Jackdaw L3 Engineering Administrator
Salary: Up to £340 per day (depending on experience)
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: 5 months contract
Our client is a global pioneer in aeronautics, space and defence-related services, creating cutting-edge technology.
Our client operates in more than 170 locations worldwide. Most of the Company's order book and growing industrial footprint now lies beyond its European borders.
Our client is the largest aerospace and defence company in Europe, and they are also proud of their European roots and achievements.
The Jackdaw L3 Engineering Administrator will be responsible for the following, but won't be limited to:
- To provide 3rd line administrator support at the ISOC as well as its deployed locations across all security domains on the JACKDAW system
- To carry out level 1 to 3 maintenance on the ISOC hub.
- To be based at the IDOC and to also provide remote support to deployed sites within mainland UK if required.
Day to day responsibilities
- Required to be a SME in the essential areas.
- Required to be able to function as the technical lead.
- Required to provide support, advise and provide recommendations to design change.
- Required to coordinate activities across multiple technical departments.
- Liaise with service deliver manager as and when required
- To respond to and action incidents as per their prioritisation within remedy
- To respond to and action requests within service request fulfilment
- To carry out routine maintenance tasks on the JACKDAW system
- To carry out daily system administrative tasks
- To operate as part of a close team
- To provide technical support to internal projects
- To provide trend analysis of incidents
- To provide advice and guidance on relevant issues and requests
- To provide support to the ISOC director
- To produce technical documentation when required
- To contribute to the service management processes
- To contribute continual service improvement
- To follow local governance and procedures
- To liaise with other resolver groups and military organisations across NATO in reference to JACKDAW
- To liaise with external agencies in matter of design and support
- To report to the ISOC director when required
- Strong technical lead and good team player with the ability to work under their own initiative within tight timelines and under operational pressure.
- To be able to direct and inspire a technical team whilst liaising and coordination across multiple technical teams.
- To provide support towards CSI.
- To be proactive and forward leaning in the delivery of the service and capable of delivering advice and support to other MoD team members, Capable and comfortable in knowledge exchange with and mentoring of MoD administrators
- CISCO switch and router networking
- Experience to the level of CCNA
- Strong knowledge and experience in VLANs, ACLs, spanning Tree, OSPF, EIGRP and GRE Tunnels
- CISCO TACAS
- CISCO LMS
- ITTL v3.0 Familiarisation
- Production of technical documentation to a quality standard
- Experienced to the level of CCNP
- CISCO TACAS
- CICSO LMS
- VX 400 / 900 Call Managers
- KLAS routers
- Mini Catapans
Ref: 13105 | Published: 24th Oct 2016