Job Title: Installer
Reporting to: Service Supervisor
Salary: £Competitive plus Company Van
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading player in the market for Intelligent Mobility in the UK and Ireland. They deliver technology-based products, systems and services which enable the effective and efficient movement of people, data and goods. Our Client specialise in the design, development, installation and maintenance of the technologies and infrastructure that satisfy their Client's transport and communications challenges.
Their team strives to identify, define, sell and deliver our proposition, centred around technology and world class service solutions. We continue to evolve the team to best align ourselves to changing markets and enhanced propositions. Introducing and building on the Company's traffic and infrastructure capabilities and brand, the team represents a progressive, developing and diversifying company with the flexibility and knowledge to meet the changing needs of their clients.
As an Installer, the main purpose of the role is:
- The role of an Installer will be to install, refurbish and/or repair a variety of equipment, including traffic signalling and other electrical street equipment such as street lighting, CCTV and barrier systems etc. to customer specifications.
- The successful candidate will also take control of a work site and deliver tasks on time, undertaking a smooth handover to the customer.
- Although predominantly based in the East Midlands area, there may be a requirement from time to time to work in other Service Centre districts which may involve overnight stays.
- To install all aspects of the urban portfolio.
- Represent the companies best interests at all times.
- Ensure variations to the contract are reported back to the supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Assist in maintaining Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental accreditations.
- Installing all aspects of the urban portfolio to a high standard and the customer's
- To ensure that all your PPE is safe, complete and being correctly used / worn.
- Ensure your vehicle, tools, spares and equipment to be used are in a safe and useable condition.
- Take control of a site and deliver the works on time, undertaking a clean hand-over to the customer.
- Ensure you are aware of the project you are working on, customer details and project scope prior to starting.
- Work sheets and time sheets are completed accurately and submitted on time.
- Complies with all QHSE Regulations and procedures for this role.
- The above is a general description of the work to be carried out and not an exhaustive list.
- The role holder is also required to perform all reasonably assigned duties.
To be considered for the Installer role you should have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Sector 8 Accreditation (including NRSWA, G39, ECS) is essential
- Basic electrical knowledge and mechanical aptitude
- Detailed understanding of traffic signal site installation and all the various manufacturers equipment
- Excellent Customer Service
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work on own.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Full driving licence
Ref: 13115 | Published: 05th Dec 2016