Job Title: Installation Design Engineer (Ex- Military preferred)
Location: Whiteley, Hampshire
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
Working directly with our client at their site the successful candidate will prepare the installation and transition documentation for designated radio and tower integration work packages throughout the asset replacement period of our client's project. Once installation is completed the required handover documentation will be produced and submitted to all interested parties e.g. MOD and SCIDA.
All site installation, transition and handover documentation will need to meet the designated timescales for submission and the standard as identified by the MOD and our client.
- Plan and document the radio communication and tower integration equipment installation activities to ensure the site installation start timescales are achieved in accordance with our client's delivery schedule.
- Where required, carry out site surveys as part of the installation preparation to ensure that our radio and tower integration installations can meet the SCIDA requirements as detailed in JSP 604, Leaflet 4800. Where installations cannot meet these requirements SCIDA will need to be consulted and a risk assessment produced and approved.
- Produce the following documentation as part of the our clients radio and tower integration installation preparation activities:
- Site Transition Plan
- SCIDA Engineering Change Request Part 2 Certificate
- SCIDA Detailed Design Document
- Installation Method Statement and Risk Assessment
- Assist our clients Programme Manager with the installation and transition resource planning for all sites where our client carries out installation and transition activities.
- Once the installation is completed, assist the our clients onsite installation team with producing the following handover documentation:-
- SCIDA Engineering Change Request Part 4 - Installation 'as built' Drawings
- Handover Pack - A document that points to all the documentation required for the end user to support the installed equipment through the life of the contract e.g. 'As built' drawings, equipment supplier documentation, health and safety file, bill of materials, etc.
- Due to the document deliverables provided by this role, this individual will need to build a close working relationship with our onsite installation teams, engineering staff and SCIDA site engineers.
- The key scope of this role is to prepare, produce and seek approval for the documentation required for our client's installation teams to commence a radio or tower integration installation task at an MOD airfield. Once the installation is completed, the required installation handover material/documentation will also need to be produced so we can successfully transition.
- The successful candidate will receive an induction that will include meeting our onsite installation teams and briefing on the required documentation to be produced. This documentation has been produced for the sites where we have already undertaken installation and transition activities, however more radio and tower integration sites are scheduled for the remaining years of the contract, so more resource is required for the installation planning and handover phases.
- The post holder will primarily be office based at our clients site in Whitely, however as part of the induction process it is recommended that the candidate attend several site surveys with representatives from our clients installation teams, so he/she can familiarise themselves with the MOD site(s) and SCIDA installation processes.
- Advantageous to have an HNC or any equivalent qualification in an Engineering related discipline
- Experience of producing installation designs for equipment within ATC environments e.g. control tower buildings or Area Control Centres ( preferred)
- The applicant must be able to use Microsoft Visio Competently
- The post holder must have effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to present information accurately and succinctly to customers and suppliers who may not have the same level of operational engineering understanding.
- Good inter-personal skills to ensure the customer and the other members of the project team are kept up to date with progress and any issues that arise whilst the preparation for the installation activities are taking place
- Advantageous to have some basic knowledge and experience of the various ATC communication and surveillance systems e.g. Voice Communication and Control Systems (VCCS), Emergency Voice Communication Systems (EVCS), UHF/VHF transmitters/receivers, surveillance display processors and support information systems.
Ref: 13155_1497362927 | Published: 13th Jun 2017