Job Title: Inspection and Testing Technician (Ex- Military only)
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
- Isolate defective equipment from power supplies, check visually for faults, test mechanical parts for faults, isolate the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment followed up with the appropriate certification.
- May be required to become an authorised person (Electrical or Confined Space).
- Conform to safety rules and apply good engineering and safety practices
- The responsibility for allocated work orders from receipt to completion
- Adherence to all current company procedures
- Developing of relationship with all clients and potential new customers
- Ensuring continuous improvement and drive for value and money
- Willing to work un secure and sensitive environment on an exclusively manned site
- Checking and signing off on NICEIC certification
- Post inspections of work undertaken by other electricians on the team
- Ensuring that the delivery of electrical aspects are delivered in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of all of our direct and indirect clients
- Qualified to C&G 2360 part 1 &2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382 -10 17th edition
- C&G 2391-10- Inspection and Testing
- C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification preferred but not required
- Qualified to 17th Edition BS7671
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to working hours depended on the needs of the business
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record with (post apprenticeship) experience of electrical inspection and testing in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation and electricity at work regulations
- A good team player with the ability to work unsupervised
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Word/Excel/NICEIC Certificate Software
- Good understanding of High Voltage systems would be also an advantage
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to GMP
- Understanding of A/C systems and controls
- Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution systems
- Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS
- Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
- Demonstrable skills in dealing closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an going basis
- Experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare of processing industry and working within a GMP environment would be an advantage
- Be able to communicate effectively and have flexible approach to work patterns
Ref: 13142 | Published: 13th Feb 2017