Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is one of the leading software providers in the UK transport market. They provide a broad range of software products and ancillary services that have been designed to enable local authorities and bus operators to optimize and enhance the provision of transport services.
All of their solution sales include an element of system integration, which involves data integration, configuration and client-specific customisations, which may involve interfaces to other systems or reports generation.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role it would be an advantage, but not necessary if you served in the British Armed Forces.
As an Implementation Specialist your role will be:
- To provide technical implementation support in all aspects of the software lifecycle to ensure successful implementation and installation of the company's products.
The responsibilities of an Implementation Specialist are:
- Assessing the data requirements, producing data migration plans and scripting and completing data migration for new installations of the company's products, for new and existing clients.
- Providing technical implementation support, implementing data interfaces and independently troubleshooting complex problems using a variety of tools and scripting languages.
- Supporting clients in the rollout and maintenance of the company's software and hardware, taking decisions and representing the company from scoping, implementation and configuration through to system acceptance.
- Writing clear and concise technical documentation and providing system administration training (technical to technical).
- Providing on-site and remote training to include the production of training agendas, tutorials, videos and other supporting material.
- Identifying process improvements designed to drive best practice and operating efficiencies.
To be considered for the Implementation Specialist position you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong technical and analytical troubleshooting skills with experience of relational databases.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent customer service skills.
- Experience implementing public facing systems | in vehicle communication | logistics |
- Preference for background in logistics | risk mitigation.
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in a computing or technical discipline.
- Strong, proven track record within the industry
- Strong technical and analytical troubleshooting skills with experience of relational databases, such as Oracle & SQL Server, and the use of SQL. Experience of programming environments such as Visual Basic.
- Knowledge / experience of Crystal Reports would be beneficial.
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload within agreed deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and approachable, with a flexible, "can do" attitude.
- Strong interpretative skills to understand and relate to client requirements.
- Eye for detail and the ability to problem solve at a practical level.
- Knowledge of the fleet and passenger transport industry an advantage.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK with regular onsite work.
- ITIL qualifications would be an advantage - if not already qualified then a willingness to gain these qualifications is required.
Ref: 12983 | Published: 01th Dec 2015