Job title: HSQE Project Systems Manager ( ex-military preferred)
Location: Esher, London
Start date: October 2019
Our client is a UK leading specialist business, which offers engineering, construction, demolition, decommissioning, remediation, rail, environmental services and reinforced concrete frame solutions. We are a key player in developing and maintaining Britain's built environment, operating in highly regulated climates and transforming sites across the UK.
Their HSQE team who are responsible for all things Health & Safety are now looking to add a HSQE Project Systems Manager to join the business based out of our Head office in Esher.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining of strong, credible relationships with administrators, directors, and other employees to support the development and continued use of the Intelex reporting systems/capabilities and other project development and delivery in the future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the business programme/multiple projects which focus on the general delivery and improvement of all the aspects of the HSQE function
- Be responsible for the design, development and implementation of appropriate processes and policies to develop the above areas within the industry and beyond
- Provide clear, timely and effective advice on the systems/applications to the Group when required to do so
- Be responsible for ensuring that an effective communication plan and mechanism is in place for the dissemination of information to the wider workforce
- Review future project requirements for resources and identifying training and development
- Establish a tracking process for all agreed deliverables, issues and resolution commitments.
- Track completion targets and when processes and sub-processes within the deliverables are delivered, obtaining formal sign off by all parties
- Understand the processes that will be delivered by the new system
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Group HSQE, Risk & Compliance Director.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent within a relevant discipline)
- Understanding the importance of business processes and compliance
- Project Management
- ITIL Qualification
- Experience in one (or more) additional scripting languages
- A thorough understanding of computer systems and software, particularly demonstrable Microsoft Windows 10
- Proven track record of leading change initiatives and programme management
- Manage multiple projects in a fluid and challenging arena
- Assurance/compliance experience or equally technology-led industry in a similar managerial role
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The role is largely non-technical in nature but a high-level knowledge of Software and an interest in IT Systems is of benefit.
- Communication, problem solving and decision making
- Ability to manage expectations of stakeholders and deliver a project brief from design through to implementation.
- Project management experience
- Leadership skills that encompass vision, planning, critical thinking and systems thinking.
Ref: 13336/001_1569423184 | Published: 25th Sep 2019