Job Title: HGV Class C (2) Driver (Ex- Military candidates preferred)
Start date: February 2019
Shifts: Mon - Fri
Our client has grown into one of the largest distributors of floor covering products - stocking and distributing products from Europe's leading flooring manufacturers. They have 11 branches nationwide, plus a National Distribution Centre in the Midlands.
The client's National Distribution Centre has a 100,000 square foot capacity for over 1 million m² of carpet and 1/2 million m² of carpet tiles.
- To drive a HGV vehicle, delivering goods to the customers.
- Category C, Class 2 licence is essential.
- Experience of multi drop deliveries beneficial.
- Current CPC desirable.
- Supervise the loading of your vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with loader that the load is correct against customers' orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect the customers' property, if in doubt consult with the customer or Operations Manager and use disclaimers if necessary.
- Check goods off with customers and obtain signature and print.
- If any errors mark ticket accordingly and consult with the operations manager or sales team as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service & handle customer issues on delivery effectively and avoid getting over involved in discussion. Contact Operations Manager for assistance if required.
- Carry out multi drop delivery's in a timely and safe manner and drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab along with washing the outside.
- Comply with fuel directives from the operations department.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company's accident reporting procedure.
- Complete daily inspection sheet and give to operations manager.
- Be aware of the vehicle inspection rota for servicing and MOT and bring to the operations manager attention if necessary. Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role.
- To provide support in the warehouse as required by the Operations Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the company dress code policy, standards of performance policy and Health& Safety policy.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required, as you will be dealing with B2B customers/ contractors.
- Hold a HGV C (Class 2).
- Local area knowledge.
Ref: 13291/001_1559294599 | Published: 31th May 2019