HEALTH AND SAFETY COORDINATOR
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 per annum plus £3,000 car allowance
Our client is one of the UK's premier concrete frame contractors. A leader that has built its reputation on the skill of its people, the trust and integrity of its many long-standing clients, its talent for innovation and passion for perfection.
Their experience covers high tech facilities, shopping centres, universities and colleges, high profile public and award winning buildings, applying innovative uses of technology to provide engineering solutions to complex sub and super structure.
This role would suit an individual who is ex-forces and is keen to get into the Health and Safety aspect of the construction industry.
To Promote, Advise, Train, Consult on all aspects of Health and safety and environmental issues within a construction company environment.
Duties as the Health and Safety Coordinator include:
To assist the OHSE Manager:
- Preventing injury to personnel and damage to plant and equipment.
- Legal requirements affecting health, safety and welfare and the adequacy of facilities provided.
- Provision and use of protective clothing and equipment.
- Using Assettagz from a safety viewpoint of plant, equipment, materials and services, and the validity of all appropriate test certificates, and whether they comply with all statutory requirements.
- Assisting the OHSE Manager in the Inductions, Toolbox Talks, Task Briefing and Method Statements
- Assisting Changes in legislation.
- Assisting the OHSE Manager in safety inspections and where appropriate audits in conjunction with appropriate management to see that statute codes of practice and method statements and company safety arrangements are complied with.
- Advise project and site management on the determination of safe methods of working and systems to identify hazards and unsafe situations. Advise upon the production of written method statements and site safety rules and on the arrangements to bring these to the attention of the workforce.
- Assisting the OHSE Manager in Investigation of accidents and dangerous occurrences and recommend means of preventing recurrence. Ensure up to date records are kept for monitoring and statistics.
- Adhere to the company safety reporting procedures.
- Assist with the identification of training requirements and subsequent training for all levels of employees; monitor recording of such training.
- Keep in contact with official professional bodies involved with safety at work.
- Keep up to date with safety legislation, codes of practice and new safety literature and circulate information applicable to each level of employee.
- To report to the OHSE Manager responsible for safety.
- Awareness of Environmental issues within the construction company environment and the Environmental Manual policy and objectives
To be considered for this role you must be ex-military. No previous experience or qualifications are required as full training will be given.
- Professional, honest, convincing, resilient
- High influencing skills, good negotiator, ability to communicate. Not afraid to challenge.
- Ability to communicate at appropriate levels in the client organisation with professionalism both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, high standards, no compromise in safety standards.
- Good IT skills
Ref: 12905 | Published: 28th Apr 2015