|Job Title||Head of Human Resources|
|Job Published||11 months ago|
Head of HR
Aerospace and Defence
Sub Business area:
Generic Role title:
Head of HR
|Up to £136,000 + additional benefits|
Reports to (Position):
Chief Executive Officer
* Provide HR leadership to the organisation
* Ownership and development of People Plan and resource planning
* Responsible for delivery of HR support and services to the Business, and functional HR leader across the Group (Qatar & UK).
* Member of Senior Leadership Team
No of direct reports: 2
UK - 50
Qatar - 100
Future headcount plan:
UK - 80
Qatar - 350
With additional further growth potential
1. Establish and Deliver a People Strategy and People Plan in support of the business growth and capability development strategy.
a. Support the Senior Management Team in evolving the business strategy and operationalising the Organisation.
b. Design and deliver people solutions to meet the needs and aspirations of the bid and growth teams, including HR support to M&A plans/mobilisation activities, partnerships and collaborations for services and solutions.
2. Lead in-house HR capability in regard to sourcing, recruitment, assessment and deployment/onboarding.
3. Drive a positive service perception and seek feedback from internal and external customers and employees on the services provided.
4. Support Leaders by providing employee relations framework including advice and support on all issues
5. Liaison with shareholder organisations / customers on HR best practice and governance that can be implemented back into the business.
6. Responsible for providing a range of HR support to the Business winning and associated bids and campaign activity.
7. Support the business, and line managers in understanding how to scope, shape and operationalise, integrate and deliver HR processes, projects and change into business growth initiatives.
8. Lead on the employee value proposition (EVP) setting the direction and standard to support commercially sustainable contracts and appropriate attraction, retention and growth.
Skills and Experience required
* Experience of working with start-ups and or working within a JV organisation.
* Experience of HR Functions
* Understanding of HR Systems, theories and practices pertaining to the People Strategy and plan, and activities of the business.
* Experience of senior leadership within a business, supporting development of strategies and business growth initiatives, and ensuring the business has the skills and capabilities needed to deliver such.
* Educated to degree level with an HR professional qualification.
* Pragmatic and considered approach with strong attention to detail.
Experience of operating in the defence sector or within a company with a strong emphasis on the highest corporate governance and compliance standards.
* Experience of manpower provision / resourcing / recruitment best practise within EMEA / Middle East.
Budget holder responsibility (£):