Job Title: Handyperson / Porter (Ex- Military preferred)
Location: Elephant & Castle, London
Start date: ASAP
Work hours: 8am - 5 pm
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
Provide general porterage duties, also supporting the multi-disciplined team of handy person / porter / messengers. This role also covers a limited amount of fabric support to undertake the upkeep of general building fabric. The role will support the porterage requirements throughout the service to include setting up of meeting and conference facilities, assisting in moves and churn and supporting the mail room / messenger service during peak times. There is also a requirement to also drive the company vehicle to support moves and churn as and when requested. The role will also involve using the onsite forklift so a valid relevant licence is preferable, although training/qualification can be provided to the successful candidate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance of buildings finishes, fixtures and fittings.
- Support the total FM principle to include assisting the messengers, mail room, engineering team, reception and cleaners.
- Responsible for the care and proper use of building maintenance equipment and tools.
- Carry out minor works such as removal and refitting of notice boards and pictures.
- To set up conference and training facilities as directed by the help desk in a timely fashion. This may additionally include staging and equipment for events.
- Routine cleaning and lubrication of plant and equipment as directed.
- Ensure that spares and materials are used in a cost effective manner.
- To undertake all duties in a safe, tidy and responsible manner in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by site management or the client.
- Manage your own workload effectively and efficiently.
- Comply with the client's company rules and maintain a high standard of discipline.
- Be able to attend and react according to workloads on other sites within the client's portfolio to ensure service standards are maintained at all times and adequate cover is provided
- To ensure events to include setting up of staging etc is completed in a timely and suitable fashion.
- Experience in general handy person tasks.
- General awareness of health and safety regulations.
- Undertake training and development where required.
- Undertake relevant health and safety training.
- Must be able to work under their own initiative and keen to develop both their personal skills and the role.
- Trained in risk assessments and method statement
- Valid full driving licence - essential
- LPG Forklift licence - essential
- Strong customer skills
- CRB / Security checking as required
Ref: 13214_1501772456 | Published: 03th Aug 2017