General Foreman (Ex-Military Only)
Start Date: December 2015 / January 2016
Our Client provides a diverse range of specialist construction and engineering services across the UK. They are known for creating and maintaining assets for both public and private sector customers in the specialist sectors of rail and engineering.
Our Client has evolved through a combination of structured acquisition and organic growth into a 'contractor of choice'. Their business relationships are based on trust, mutual respect, best value, whole life costs and continuous improvement. They align their delivery capability to their clients' culture, values and business needs. Their aim is to help their clients achieve their strategic business objectives.
Our Client offers a 'cradle to grave' service which includes feasibility, optioneering, design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance. They are experienced in working on live assets. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, clean water, flood defence and waterways.
Our Client delivers nationally but are organised regionally; their collaborative customer-focused style and record of successful delivery results in regular repeat business.
They are a keen supporter of Ex-Forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
- To lead successful contract delivery on behalf of the company by ensuring that the site team are fully appraised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
- That both our client and their client's expectations regarding safety, quality, programme and budget are achieved and wherever possible, exceeded.
- The creation and maintenance of a positive company image at all times.
The key tasks of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfilling the General Foreman responsibilities as laid down in the Company's Health and Safety Policy
- Ensuring that works are executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
- The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
- The Network Rail approved Works Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
- The approved Construction Drawings and Specification
- The Policies and Procedures contained within the Company Business Management System
- Ensure that all company Health &Safety, Environmental requirements and initiatives are implemented.
- Managing and supervising the site operations including labour, sub-contractors, plant and materials that are necessary to complete the contract works.
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget. Liaison with site staff and commercial staff to ensure the works are delivered within tender allowances
- Produce and brief method statements and task briefings to all reporting personnel
- Ensuring that Quality standards are achieved and are 'right first time'
- Procurement is managed to the required specification and in a timely manner.
- The promotion of a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice.
- Report any unsafe practices
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress against programme to ensure contract timescales and objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that robust records are maintained ie/ diaries, allocation sheets, plant etc
- Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Agent / Project Manager.
- Ensuring that all relevant issues which cannot be resolved at contract level are passed for the attention of the Project Manager.
Candidates for the role must meet the following criteria:
- Have good solid experience within a contracting civil engineering with a preference for experience in the rail sector.
- Be IT literate in MS Office applications
Education / Qualifications
- Educational/Professional Qualifications:
- Hold a relevant trade's qualification such as City & Guilds or appropriate NVQ level.
- H&S Requirements:
- NCCA (PTS etc.), SMSTS or similar
Ref: 12970 | Published: 04th Jan 2016