Job Title: Fire & Security Engineer - West (Ex- Military only)
Location: Gloucester & Home Counties
Salary: £Competitive + overtime
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
To provide support to both on-site engineers and clients. The candidate will also be responsible to carry out system maintenance, reactive and small or extra works to, CCTV, access control, security systems, automatic fire, fire extinguishing and fire aspiration alarm systems comprising of both internal and external clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry-out and supervise planned preventative maintenance activities
- Upgrades and system repairs
- Installation 1st& 2nd fix of both fire and security equipment
- Modifications in line with contract requirements
- Provide planned preventive maintenance, system repair, small works and system commissioning activity in conjunction with Specialist Services requests and/or site/clients requirements.
- Prepare dilapidation reports on newly acquired contracts and advise or recommend improvement, additions or reductions
- Provide design, support and quotation delivery in accordance with relevant British Standards.
- Maintain a strong working relationship & communication between the customers and client.
- Ensure policies, procedures and standards are in place and adhered to in order to maintain the integrity of the Contract portfolio, and that ongoing operational activities are implemented to provide high quality service to customers.
- Maintain the Service Portfolio's to the highest quality standard in all areas of activity in order to satisfy and maintain the requirements of external quality verification.
- Comply with policies relating to health, safety, security, environmental and technical compliance issues that affect customers and employees, ensuring that all rules are adhered to at all times to maintain a high standard of discipline at all times.
- Ensure risk assessments are completed or reviewed for every task being carried out.
- Comply with the mandatory requirement on wearing PPE.
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with relevant British Standards and good working practices.
- Ensure timely submission of time-sheets, mileage sheets and necessary administration paperwork, as detailed in the engineer's policies or required by the company/client.
- Ensure that close cooperation and coordination with the client's Service Centre.
- Ensure that all non-compliance and recommendations are followed up with a quotation or quotation build up sheet.
- Comply with any request for any other duties on a time to time basis.
- At least 5 years previous experience of servicing, maintaining and installation of CCTV, access control, intruder alarm systems, intercom systems and fire systems.
- Ideally the candidate will be a multi-disciplined engineer.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant British Standards with a working knowledge of NSI and LPCB required standards. Advanced diagnostic and fault finding skills, with the ability to resolve by elimination and/or technical recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience of permits to work systems, method statements and risk assessments.
- Advanced PC and LAN/WAN Networking skills, including OS level operation.
- Health & Safety trained.
- System design, surveying, estimating and quotation experience.
- Ability to implement a program of works or PPM schedule, and team / self-delivery to deadline time-scales.
- Understanding of asset collation and controlled program of just in time replacement.
- Ensuring that all reactive works are carried out within service level agreements
- Appropriate trade qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of Installation, testing and maintenance of CCTV, Intruder, Intercom, Access Control and Fire Alarm systems
- Experience of fault finding
- Experience of cable containment
- Experience of cable calculations
- Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
- Have team building skills and be a good communicator
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Proven communication and numeric skills (verbal and written)
- Hold a valid license
- A reasonable level of computer literacy in the more common applications
- Professional and presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative
- Willingness to learn new skills and embrace procedures
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Administration skills
Ref: 13137 | Published: 30th Jan 2017