Job Title: Facilities Manager (Ex- Military candidates preferred)
Salary: £30,000 - 35,000
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 8.00am - 17.00
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
To ensure compliance with the agreement between our client and their client for the delivery of Engineering Services Maintenance and Facilities Services at their site
The operational management and development of all scoped works and tasks through effective and efficient use and control of resources. The performance, initiatives and achievements emanating from these aims are to be effectively recorded and communicated to company and the client's management.
- Ensure that a culture of Team Working, Task Ownership and Flexible Working is actively encouraged and implemented across the site.
- Effectively communicate the operational management deliverables to all Supervisors, ensuring all issues and problems are reported and managed in a controlled and timely manner.
- Evaluate data and operational performance stats on a monthly basis, ensuring a documented action plan is implemented for any out of line situations.
- Close liaison with the client regarding the status of maintenance operations.
- Conduct a daily meeting with Supervisors on Operational Updates (formal or informal).
- To ensure the commercial viability and growth of the contract is achieved.
- Champion the IMS Quality System and ensure its compliance.
- Ensure a program of initiatives and achievements are maintained and kept on record.
- To attend formal site meetings with the client.
- Initiate the standards and review the forward planning of maintenance activities to ensure adequate manpower loading and effective use of shutdown availability.
- Ensure all aspects of inventory management including the storage of adequate critical spaces.
- Ensure quality performance through auditing of EMCOR staff in the performance of their tasks - workmanship, housekeeping and customer satisfaction.
- Operation of emergency response precedure including escalation requirements and liaison.
- Ensure a culture of safe working is developed within the EMCOR team and sub contractors.
- Compliance with all aspects of Site Safety & Quality.
- Ensure sub contractor visit controls and responsibilities are undertaken in accordance with specific agreements, works and frequencies, ensuring effective audits and performance reporting.
- Agree to undertake Authorised Person status and associated responsibilities.
- To ensure that technical staff induction and technical training including the delivery of H&S Tool Box Talks are undertaken.
- Conduct staff performance appraisal of direct reports and subsequent training and development requirements.
- Accident investigation, reporting and instigation of corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Safe Systems of Work including Permit to Work systems and isolation procedures.
- Via agreed arrangements proactively develop and or, assist the Client in
- Critical plant replacements
- Emergency procedures planning
- Contingency planning
- Strategic review of maintenance techniques, toward-run time and condition based maintenance.
- Continuous review of sub contracted works
- Activity risk assessment
- Integration and Partnership Team Building
- Relevant Further/Higher Education
- Relevant professional qualification/experience within an FM corporate environment
- Experienced people manager. Have good leadership, team building and communication skills
- Good interpersonal and customer relationships
- Experience in supplier management
- Experienced at managing budgets
- Desirable - experience of MA contracts
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Recognised HSSE qualification ( IOSH,NEBOSH)
- Good presentation and communication skills
- 25 days annual leave
- Family friendly benefits
- Auto enrol pension
Ref: 13233_1507023448 | Published: 03th Oct 2017