Salary: £30k - £35k
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
You will be responsible to provide detailed responses to requests for quotations from civil engineering companies, local authorities and for any other client subject to management approval.
- Within the role there is a small amount of freedom to plan workload and time on a weekly basis. Most tasks are fully determined by strict procedures and guidelines.
- Operational decisions can be made within the remit of the role as to how the proposals are put together. Supervision is provided by controlled distribution of workload, weekly reporting and ad-hoc updates.
- Problem solving is required to provide a coherent response to differing customer requirements.
- Within the role you will be expected to escalate problems.
- Internal contact is required on a daily basis, to get the work achieved, in sharing information, in order to accomplish your own work and the job objective
- Perform a technical assessment of each opportunity.
- Preparation of pricing, including estimation of quantities, schedule of rates, bill of quantities and calculations.
- Creation, management and submission of proposal documentation.
- Ensure that an agreed form of written contract is in place prior to work commencement. .
- Ensure that all tenders and bids meet company, statutory and contractual requirements from initial enquiry to tender/bid outcome.
- Stakeholder management and liaison throughout the bidding process, for example suppliers, contractors, internal contacts, Company Legal Advisor
The work will be carried out in an office environment the majority of the time. The role entails a significant amount of computer work on a daily basis the majority for the time.
To be considered for this role you should be ex-military and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at C or above including Maths and English (A levels or industry related technical qualifications are desirable)
- Previous experience of preparation of bill of quantities and scheduling of detailed pricing estimates within the industry.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work with people at varying levels.
- Able to work to tight timescales.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Calm and determined with an attention to detail.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
Ref: 12922 | Published: 03th Jun 2015