Role: Estate Traffic Officer (Ex- Military preferred)
Line Manager: Duty Manager & General Manager
Our Client is a responsible modern organisation, with best practice a fundamental part of their DNA. Our client is ever conscious of the need for balance: superlative client service with sustainability; management excellence with staff motivation; financial prudence with a permanent programme of growth and improvement.
Our Client focuses on delivering outstanding management to their clients and lessees. They are constantly developing initiatives to ensure that their day to day management is as effective as possible, which supports them in their plans to become the leading residential management property company across the UK market.
Key services and strategies within our client's firm include:
- Their innovative approach to management and customer service,
- Their dedication to corporate social responsibility
- Their investment in their staff
Purpose and Aim of the Role:
The purpose of the Estate Traffic Officer is to be the first point of contact for residents and guests and to deliver excellent first impressions on entering the development. To manage all aspects of the estate traffic management requirements.
Key duties will include:
- To provide excellent visual standards and quality customer service for the development.
- To manage and develop the onsite traffic management plan
- To be fully engaged by taking accountability for all tasks given and to see them through to the end.
- To complete when required any operational site inspections.
- To be self-motivating and to strive for and achieve success for the development and company.
- To foster a can-do attitude to encourage continuous improvement
- To generate new and exciting ideas to benefit the team.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and following the company's Health & Safety policies and practices, demonstrating personal engagement with safety and proactively identifying risks and hazards (to immediate manager) to continuously improve safety performance.
Key behavioural competencies:
- Communicating and Presenting: To be able to demonstrate quality verbal and written communication to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders and handle queries and issues promptly and professionally, demonstrating genuine care and concern.
- Relationship Building: The ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and external parties at all levels to achieve a positive environment.
- Customer Focus: The ability to show sensitivity in dealing with delicate and confidential issues, putting high importance on the needs of all customers.
- Continuous Improvement: The ability to identify new ideas and areas of improvements that can contribute to the business in a positive way or improve personal performance.
- Timeliness: The ability to manage your own time, carrying out multiple tasks effectively and working autonomously where required.
- Planning and Organising: To be flexible, responding quickly and positively and by showing cooperation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of estate / company goals.
- Achievement Focus: To drive self and others to work towards excellence, setting new goals and pushing for high standards.
Role specific accountabilities:
- To actively check vehicle at the Sainsbury entrance and to re direct as required.
- To manage and deliver the on-site traffic by enforcing traffic restrictions as required.
- To deliver effective communication with the Front of House team.
- Actively problem-solve and use initiative to resolve all residents and visitor's queries and complaints.
- To actively check resident's details and monitor security access to the development.
- To read and action daily handovers to improve team's communication.
- To be proactive in your role at all times using your initiative to improve working practice.
- To be responsible for the required Health and Safety and Security inspections and activities to assist in keeping the development and workplace a safe environment for all.
- To maintain tight security procedures at all times.
- To carry out any ad-hoc duties as requested by the management team.
Required experience and technical competency:
- Experience of working outdoors
- Professional and patient manner with the ability to remain calm.
- Experience of working in a high-end customer service establishment and well presented.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and sensitive matters that may involve the general public and handling issues and queries with professionalism
- Practical application and working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and legislation to eliminate or mitigate risk in the workplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake further training as required.
Ref: 13316/001_1561738974 | Published: 28th Jun 2019