Estate Manager (Ex-Military)
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience)
Line Manager: Property Manager
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a responsible modern organisation, with best practice a fundamental part of their DNA. Our client is ever conscious of the need for balance: superlative client service with sustainability; management excellence with staff motivation; financial prudence with a permanent programme of growth and improvement.
Our Client focuses on delivering outstanding management to their clients and lessees. They are constantly developing initiatives to ensure that their day to day management is as effective as possible, which supports them in their plans to become the leading residential management property company across the UK market.
Key services and strategies within our client's firm include:
- Their innovative approach to management and customer service,
- Their dedication to corporate social responsibility
- Their investment in their staff
Purpose and Aim of Role:
The purpose of the Estate Manager is:
- To manage the development and its employees
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations
- Ensuring that all services and activities are carried out efficiently meeting the standards and requirements of the company.
As an Estate Manager your responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Manage, support and develop onsite employees, leading by example to set standards of quality customer service for the development, its residents and guests. Motivating employees to strive for and achieve success for the company.
- Develop employees, fostering an environment of learning, continuous improvement and maximisation of performance.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with peers, employees, residents and guests, working collaboratively to achieve overall business outcomes.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and following the company's Health & Safety policies and practices, taking part in companywide Health & Safety initiatives and meetings, leading employees to uphold and adhere to the same values and actions by demonstrating personal engagement with safety, to continuously improve safety performance.
Role Specific Responsibilities
As an Estate Manager, you will be given specific responsibilities which are:
- Manage onsite staff on behalf of the Property Manager, overseeing the day-to-day matters of the development, ensuring that high standards of quality customer service are maintained for residents and guests, and that all matters are handled in a prompt and professional manner.
- Manage petty cash accounts for the site, ensuring that records and documentation are up to date.
- Assist the Property Manager in any budgeting or reporting requirements for the development.
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and the required health and safety inspections and activities to assist in keeping the development and workplace a safe environment for all.
Candidate's Required Experience and Technical Competency
To apply for the Estate Manager role, you should have:
- Relevant IRPM qualifications, or willingness and ability to obtain within first year of employment.
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial role in a high end customer service establishment.
- Some experience in project management and the ability to deliver within required time scales.
- Knowledge of relevant Landlord and Tenant Act, RICS and ARMA guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Practical application and working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and legislation.
- Demonstrated experience understanding, interpreting and preparing complex reports and plans (e.g. financial reports, budgeting, works scheduling, workload allocation, performance planning).
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and provide advice on sensitive matters in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge in building maintenance systems.
Candidate's Key Behavioural Competencies
- Influencing and Negotiating: To persuade key internal or external stakeholders to buy-in to the objectives and needs of the organisation, steering all negotiations in a positive direction to come to mutually agreeable outcomes for all.
- Communicating and Presenting: To demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and have excellent ability to deliver presentations to key stakeholders, handle conflict situations, and build positive working relationships to benefit the company.
- Team Working and Collaborating: To identify what motivates different individuals and makes effort to recognise and praise team members for good work to strengthen team performance, even after setbacks.
- Customer Focus: To show empathy and sensitivity whilst encountering difficult situations and exchanges, maintaining honesty and integrity in dealing with delicate and confidential issues.
- Planning and Organising: To be flexible and adaptable and drawing contingency plans where possible to meet delivery.
- Achievement Focus: To drive self and others to work towards excellence, setting new goals and pushing for high standards.
- Continuous Improvement: To identify and drive others to realise required action(s), new ideas, and areas of improvements that can contribute to the business in a positive way or improve personal performance. Supporting employees and encouraging them to take a positive approach to change in an ever evolving environment.
- To promote sustainability initiatives as directed by the company.
If the position is of interest, then please contact Raz on 0207 291 5706 to discuss the role further. You can also apply to this role and Raz will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Ref: 12994 | Published: 19th Jul 2016