Job Title: Engineering Manager- Technical Institute of Naval Studies (EM-TINS)
Location: Saudi Arabia
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
The purpose of this job is to manage all the training engineering aspects of the TINS bid and delivery with the aims of ensuring that appropriately tailored LCM is undertaken in accordance with company's LCM mandates, and that the required engineering outcomes for the project are achieved.
- Direct and lead specialist training functions and conduct specialist training in support of the department.
- Management of his/her direct reports,
- Sharing best practice throughout company and the KPCs in order to promote continuous improvement within the Training Solutions 3D function, as well as the corresponding functions within the other organisations.
- Leading the Prime Contracting Overall Solution Design and Engineering activities within the TINS Bid & Delivery Team and acting as the lead engineering point of contact for all stakeholders: Company, MODSAP, RSNF HQ, RSNF Bases, SBDCP Operational Delivery teams, KPCs, other Business Units and Service Providers
- Leading the formulation of the TINS Engineering Prime Contract Strategy and implement it in a measured way across the business,
- Developing and deploying a suitable and appropriate TINS Engineering Management System which meets the company Functional Governance Manuals; including organisation, roles, people, processes and procedures,
- Providing Engineering support and direction to individual Product and Service provision organisations to ensure they can offer solutions which satisfy the RSNF and Internal Customer requirements and inform the business decision making process on any technical issues which may exist,
- Ensuring that the various technical elements interface correctly across the proposed TINS solution(s) packages including Supplier Organisations and that the complete system(s) provides the capability(ies) to meet the RSNF Customer requirements,
- Development and delivery of, in conjunction with the TINS Programme Manager, a 'one team' integrated Engineering LCM Tailoring Statement and ELCM Lifecycle Management Plan for agreement with all relevant PMAs and EAs
- Developing, integrate and deliver a viable Plan that contains ALL of the Engineering Reviews required to meet the Governance requirements including Design Reviews and TBRs,
- As the Responsible Manager for Safety for the TINS Strategy, ensuring that an integrated approach is implemented as part of the Overall Solution to protect the subsequent delivery of Product & Training/Service Solutions which will meet the Product/ Service/ Environmental Safety and SHE requirements mandated in the company Safety Policy, all relevant legislation and regulatory and contractual requirements,
- Analysing the TINS Customer Operational & Logistic Support System Requirements and developing them into a complete Overall Solution including identifying the requirements which will be handled through Phase 2 and onwards by the PCO Training Delivery Teams and the extended Supply Chain Product and Service Provider Organisations
- As such being responsible for providing support to the Overall Solution Architecture Solutions and managing changes to the solution,
The Job Holder is required to be fully knowledgeable on Export Control Requirements and may be required to handle Export Controlled/ITAR Data. The Job Holder may be required to be trained to the Enhanced Level.
- Be educated to honours degree level in a relevant field and have (or be working towards) Chartered Engineer status.
- Have the ability to work to demanding deadlines, ensuring a high degree of accuracy, paying due regard to attention to detail, contractual key performance indicators, and customer perception and feedback,
- Have experience of the development and application of engineering processes, organisational design, functional governance including the role of LCM,
- Have experience of the development and design of Training Solutions and associated Support activities through the complete lifecycle including end of contract (Phase 8),
- Have proven ability for objective decision making regards resources, risk management and engineering and assurance forward strategy,
- Have significant Naval and defence company/industry knowledge (5+ years in a senior position), managing significant and diverse engineering projects, with an understanding of all parts of the business lifecycle from business winning and bid work through to in-service support and disposal
Ref: 13268/001_1527858750 | Published: 01th Jun 2018