Role: End User Support Manager (Ex- Military preferred)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer / Managing Director
Reports: 3 - End User Support Technicians
Our client's biggest single customer is a fine art auctioneer and one of the main international auction houses - it is a thriving and dynamic organisation looking to grow with new and exciting auction markets.
Our client has been uniquely integral in the development and growth of this as it develops and supports fine art auctioneer's business management systems (CRM, customer accounts, auction management, content
management, marketing), its public website and numerous other pieces of utility software much of which is regarded as being the best in the industry. Our client also provide contracted end-user support and system administration to this fine art auctioneer
The End User Support Manager will lead the End User Support Team which provides support to fine art auctioneer's bespoke enterprise software, standard applications, remote desktop imaging, configuration and installation. The End User Support team is the principal point of contact for staff.
Our client aims to be regarded as the innovative and creative IT solutions provider and so needs an End User Support Manager to drive the performance of this customer facing team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the End User Support team in customer service excellence
- Learn and fully understand this fine art auctioneer's business processes and how the systems are used to drive business
- Comply with, maintain and update policies and procedures to support the service level agreement with our client
- Manage the workload, deliverables and quality of work within the End User Support Team
- Lead the team of End User Support Technicians working on the fine art auctioneer's account
- Become the primary conduit of communication over support tasks including attending at meetings with this fine art auctioneer's senior staff when required and work with our client's other teams also engaged on this fine art auctioneer's account
- Leading and managing the end user support team in providing an excellent quality of service - one to be genuinely proud of ensuring that -
- Ticket prioritisation, escalation, resolution and ownership are managed correctly
- All requests for support from end-users in contracted clients' businesses, particularly in relation to their bespoke applications, are answered correctly
- All calls and tasks are accurately logged and managed correctly and in a timely manner solutions and assistance provided are appropriate
- Liaison with 1st line support or client is appropriate, ensuring that fixes and changes are in accordance with clients business requirements and are communicated effectively with the client on completion
- Issues are escalated to 2nd line support, system administrators or external support contractors (as deemed necessary) in an appropriate and efficient manner that remote diagnosis, fixing and imaging are handled correctly policies and procedures are followed and documentation and project work are carried out
- Arranging and managing meetings with team members to review and discuss their support activities ,auction schedules, staffing and issues
- The End User Support Manager will also assist with the day to day activities and work with the End User Support team (such as answering calls, resolving, etc.).
The End User Support Manager must have:
- A proven ability to lead and manage a team in a high pressured environment
- Proven experience of implementing policy and procedures
- At least 2 years' experience in an IT, IT training or other IT related management role
- An understanding of and experience in running and supporting PCs running Windows 7 or later (OS X and Linux would also be beneficial) with an understanding of how to set them up and install and configure software
- An understanding of auction processes, systems and regulations would be ideal but not mandatory.
The End User Support Manager will be required to:
- Install, test and fix current Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- Sort problems with standard applications such as Microsoft Office, browsers and mail clients
- Understand enterprise user directories (such as LDAP and Active Directory) so as to know how to set up user accounts correctly
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues, understanding TCP and network addressing
- Fix printers and printer queues and
- Sort a myriad of issues that blight everyday use of IT equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage client expectations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- A creative approach to problem solving, along with strong analytical skills and
- A willingness to travel to clients' locations globally, including stays away from home.
Ref: 13166_1490269714 | Published: 23th Mar 2017