Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Ex-Military Only)
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
The role of an Electrical Maintenance Engineer is:
- To provide all aspects of Electrical Maintenance at transmission stations and motorway sites nationally for Company's NRTS National Maintenance contract within the GeneSYS consortium.
- To ensure compliance of installations and maintenance to all associated UK electrical regulations and delivering to time and quality.
- To act as the customer's Point Of Contact for nominated projects and provide effective solution finding for any arising issues
The main responsibilities of an Electrical Maintenance Engineer are:
- Set out and deliver, in co-operation with the Planner and other stakeholders, the programme of periodic inspections and testing of electrical installations at motorway network sites.
- To carry out electrical maintenance duties associated with the Highways Agency communications network infrastructure.
- Carry out all associated installation and commissioning works in relation to project requirements and ensuring delivery on time and to quality.
- Completion of all relevant documentation and sign off.
- May be required to carry out training to the field team to improve electrical competence.
- Responsible for ensuring that established and potentially new customer relationships are maintained and developed by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism at all times.
- Monitor and report to line manager on progress and issues.
- To show a high level of professionalism at all times.
- To promote the company and its services to our customers.
- Ensure that any changes to the electrical maintenance processes and procedures are communicated to all the operations teams as necessary.
- Responsible for the ordering of essential equipment and consumables via approved purchase order process in support of the electrical maintenance program in conjunction with line management.
- To perform risk assessments and assist with creation of method statements necessary for electrical maintenance activities required on the network.
- Liaise and assist with the management of sub-contractors engaged in electrical maintenance activities.
- To ensure all documentation including condition reports, test documentation, time sheets and work sheets are completed correctly and according to requested deadlines.
- To work in accordance with Environmental, Security and Health & Safety requirements, including ISO9001, ISO18001 and local working instructions/site inductions.
- To ensure vehicles, tools, spares, clothing and equipment are maintained in a usable and ready condition at all times.
- To maintain knowledge of current legislative and electrical industry standards.
To be considered for the Electrical Maintenance Engineer role you should have served in the British Armed Forces and have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Relevant HNC qualification or solid relevant experience within an electrical engineering/telecommunications field.
- Electrical Installation qualifications in alignment with City & Guilds 2391.
- HND qualification within an electrical engineering/telecommunications field.
- Membership of the Institute of Electrical Engineers.
- G39 qualification involving street furniture.
- Site Supervisory safety training scheme (SSSTS).
- Current edition on electrical qualification.
- Experience of electrical maintenance requirements within buildings or telecommunications infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the Company (NRTS) products and services or Alcatel proprietary telecommunications systems and infrastructure.
- Experience of the Motorway's environment and the HA's communications infrastructure.
- Confident and able to work unsupervised.
- Some supervision of sub-contractors may be required.
- Build confidence and competence through the application of instruction and training.
- Understand knowledge level and when further clarification is required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Good communication.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Ability to instruct others on basic electrical principles to ensure safety compliance.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Starter / finisher.
- Able to work in outside environment.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces
- Ability to travel/ stay away overnight when required
- Willing to work outside contractual hours if required
Ref: 12989 | Published: 08th Jan 2016