Job Title: Driver/Custodian (Class 2)
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions including cash-in-transit, ATM replenishment and maintenance, international transportation of valuables, cash management and payment services. Their customers include financial institutions, retailers, government agencies (including central banks), mints, jewellers and other commercial operations around the world. Our client's global network serves customers in more than 100 countries. We have ownership interest in companies in 41 countries and agency relationships with companies in additional countries. We employ approximately 59,900 people and our operations include approximately 1,100 facilities and 12,000 vehicles.
- Adhere to all operational and security procedures relating to the secured transportation, delivery, and collection of high value freight.
- Collect/move and deliver high value goods as instructed to/from customers, airlines and airline sheds in a timely and professional manner.
- Inspect company vehicles for roadworthiness at the start of the shift. Record vehicle defects in the vehicle defect booklet and report legal or serious defects that may compromise safety or security immediately to your SDM.
- When operating a vehicle with a tachograph do so in accordance with EU and UK domestic regulations.
- Observe Highway Code rules and drive company vehicles with maximum care and attention.
- Report vehicle accidents no matter how small to the NSCC and the company vehicle insurance company. Complete the company vehicle accident report forms at the end of duty.
- Ensure that all licence requirements (vehicles, SIA) are met.
- As ambassadors of the company, display maximum professionalism in all dealings with customers, consumers (Customs, head loaders, CVIT customer representatives, staff etc.) and general public during a collection/deliver service.
- Observe the company health and safety policies and safe systems of work instruction.
- The applicant must possess a clean C licence.
- Must have two years driving experience of HGV vehicle.
- Must have 10 years checkable background.
- Flexible approach to work and shifts.
- Have a good command of the English language and be able to complete paperwork in compliance with DFT/ CAA.
- Be able to work well within a team and on own your initiative.
- Be physically fit (as they may be required to manoeuvre items over 500kgs)
Ref: 13126 | Published: 09th Jan 2017