|Job Title||Development Manager|
|Location||West London, London|
|Job Published||over 7 years ago|
Location: West London
Start Date: ASAP - Interviews Immediately
Our Client is a dedicated property management company within London. Whilst the Company's 5 Year Warranty (from first legal completion) covers just about everything fitted as standard inside your home they are committed to ensuring the common parts and external areas of the development are taken care of as well. This is a not-for-profit company set up to care exclusively for selected Company developments in London.
The post-holder will have principal responsibility for the effective and efficient management of the development.
* Delivering effective service levels, and acting as the Property Management representative towards Lessees and Developer clients as appropriate, ensuring all areas aspects of the development are fully presentable, serviced and properly maintained. To include building and maintaining working relationships with the committee of any Residents Association / RMC, RTM Co and attending their meetings as appropriate
* Effective supervision of all Concierge and ancillary staff including recruitment, training, control of rotas (within statutory working limits) monitoring of ongoing performance (including an annual review), administration of leave / pay / benefits, and disciplinary and grievance - including night and weekend attendance on a regular basis for contact and audit of staff on unsocial shift patterns
* Direct liaison and communication (ensuring high levels of customer service) with residents, identifying areas of concern, issuing correspondence and resolving day to day management and maintenance matters
* Ensuring all Health & Safety obligations and Duty of Care are met effectively, and that all routine checks are in place and carried out (to include regular auditing)
* The monitoring and supervision of any authorised contractors instructed to carry out works on and around the Development, authorisation of payment, and conflict resolution. (Including authorisation of instructions and invoices as appropriate within limits laid down)Provision of effective response to emergency queries out of normal office hours to include attending site if appropriate
* The regular inspection and audit of all areas of the development, keeping detailed and accurate records of such. To include prompt rectification of cleaning and maintenance issues arising or escalation of serious areas of concern and large works to the Property Manager.
* Completion of monthly site inspection reports maintaining the appropriate records
* Effective cost control and review of expenditure and accounts, including assisting with setting service charges and presenting of accounts.
* Preparation and presentation of bi-monthly financial summary reports.
* To carry out other items as instructed and directed by the Property Manager / Line Manager or as may be required
To be considered for this role you should have a confident and tactful personality with a supportive management style. You will be expected to:
* Have an ability to make fair, firm and positive decisions
* Be self-motivated.
* Be able to build meaningful rapport at all levels
* Work well under pressure.
* Have strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to Intermediate level
* Have a good overall education to 'A' Level/NVQ Level 3 or 4 standard or equivalent (to include English & Maths)
* Membership of IRPM would be an advantage
* Previous experience in Residential Management for a minimum of 1 year is desirable (or other relevant experience) including
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a management position is essential including managing employees.
* Experience of relationship management with RMC's RTM Co. and Resident Associations is desirable.
* IRPM (Institute of Residential Property Management) Qualification.
* Previous experience of budget preparation and cost control is essential.
* Ability to manage contracts of work with Contractors.