Job Title: Commercial Manager/Procurement Manager (Ex- Military preferred)
Reporting to: Senior Commercial Manager
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Other details: This position is unaccompanied
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
CORE FOCUS AREAS/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To contribute to and manage the commercial/procurement activities of the line of business, ensuring that business success is maximised in line with agreed targets
- To ensure all legally binding company commitments are agreed in accordance with our client's policies and procedures
- Manage and set objectives/ review for a team of commercial / procurement staff
- Produce a full range of contractual documentation for the assigned area in line with all relevant company requirements and procedures.
- Lead or participate in contract/ subcontract negotiations with all relevant parties to facilitate the smooth and successful conclusion of negotiations
- Manage contracts/ subcontracts, ensuring effective and efficient resolution of issues
- Prepare and issue purchase orders for subcontractors/suppliers in accordance with established procurement policies, issue requests for proposals and verify invoices prior to payment
- Support and implement pricing and payment strategies and policies in assigned areas, in accordance with all relevant company requirements and procedures
- Support and implement overall financial targets and budgetary management strategies in assigned areas
- Manage potential areas of risk and carry out risk analysis and assessments to support the minimisation of risk
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure the effective management of business agreements
- Manage the resolution of commercial/ procurement issues to facilitate effective business decision - making
- Convene and support business reviews with suppliers to ensure that quality, delivery and cost targets are achieved.
- Lead, develop and motivate any assigned staff to ensure they are capable of delivering their responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Functional Governance Manual and the Procurement Manual and communicate/ implement them in assigned area to deliver strong governance and business effectiveness
- Keep up to date with and research new commercial /procurement developments in assigned areas and assist in assessing their advantage to the company
- Liaison with senior stakeholders within internal and external customer community
- Actively support interfaces with Finance, Legal, HR and Group Tax to establish effective contracting and pricing models
- Lead or manage request for bid approval activities in line with Delegation of Authority
- Tender analysis and administration
- Production of Commercial/ Procurement plans in support of Lifecycle Management
- Relevant degree or equivalent is highly desirable and c. 7+ years commercial/ procurement experience.
- Extensive knowledge of business unit financial/ commercial policies.
- A good working knowledge of the business unit approach to Life Cycle Management.
- A strong track record of contributing to the management of contractual issues
- A thorough understanding and comprehension of Commercial Contracts and Law
- Proven negotiating skills
- Wide ranging experience of dealing with domestic and international suppliers
- Typically member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or accredited by the International Association for Contracts and Commercial Management (IACCM) or equivalent
Ref: 13263_1520273245 | Published: 05th Mar 2018