Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location: Camberley, Warwick or Euston
Start Date: ASAP
Our Client is proud to be one of the largest providers of communications services in the UK with an annual turnover in excess of £399m.Every time you pick up the phone, 'surf the net', travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances our Client have enabled the communications infrastructure to make this happen.
Our Client provides communications, project and maintenance services to customers in many market sectors, including, Rail, Metro, Traffic, Telecoms, Emergency Services, Public-Sector organisations and councils.
The role involves drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts and other commercial documentation. Being involved in the whole contract lifecycle from concept, through bidding, contract negotiation and contract delivery to contract closure (or hopefully extension!).Supporting the bidding, project and service delivery teams to assess and manage risk.
ARE YOU THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Experienced Commercial Manager with a proven track record of delivering pragmatic commercial support in at least one of our Client's market sectors.
- Understanding of the different types of risk and solutions which manage these risks throughout the lifecycle of the contract.
- Appreciation of the factors which impact profitability of a contract.
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in an organisation.
- Thorough understanding of commercial processes and typical contractual terms.
- Extensive customer facing experience with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to develop different types of commercial solutions in different circumstances.
- Experience and understanding of different contract types (especially NEC 2 and 3) and different contracting structures including managing multiple prime/sub relationships and different types of joint venture arrangements.
- Proactively promote a positive H&S culture and ensure adherence to policies, safety flashes and toolbox talks.
- Provide a maintenance service to the site with a mechanical bias with additional electrical multi-skills as identified in the competence matrix.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Team Leader and Production, agree work priorities and carry out breakdown, corrective and preventive maintenance as instructed.
- Ensure work conforms to all quality, security, and EHS standards
- Carry out statutory and other tests on site and in the site boiler house.
- Support LEAN implementation in the department to deliver metal and cost improvements in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence requirements.
Working as part of the Legal & Commercial Team you will be responsible for delivering pragmatic commercial support to our Client's businesses, including the management and negotiation of all but the most complex bids, contracts without supervision.
- Providing a pragmatic and value-add commercial support to all aspects of business throughout the entire sales and delivery cycle.
- Working closely with the businesses to develop relationships with, and an understanding of the commercial approach of customers.
- Working to support the business strategies of Network Services, Technology Solutions and Rail.
- Wherever possible, whilst protecting interests, ensuring that customers find our Client "easy to do business with".
- Providing Commercial support to all areas of business.
- Working with the team to maximise the profitability of the contracts whilst understanding the impact on future business.
- Negotiating contracts to achieve a win/win for our Client and its customers.
- Working closely with the teams responsible for delivery to ensure a smooth contract handover and that the delivery teams understand the contract requirements, mechanisms and commercial assumptions.
- Resolving disputes and claims with customers to meet our Client's best interests.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS SKILLS - QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline is desirable.
- Depth and breadth of experience will be taken into account where these qualifications have not been attained.
- Becomes a reliable and trusted member of the Commercial team.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm to succeed.
- Is flexible and finds ways around difficult problems without giving up.
- Builds trusting relationships with colleagues, customers by consistently delivering on promises, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and presenting a balanced view.
Ref: 13111 | Published: 30th Nov 2016