Cleaning Contract Manager
Location: Gloucester and surrounding areas
Salary: £ Competitive + Company car, mobile phone and benefits
Start date: ASAP
Our client is a privately owned, family managed company. The directors of the company take a very personal interest in every contract, both by direct communication with the client and through the reporting procedures incorporated as part of company policy.
Our client covers all aspects of Facilities Management, from Cleaning to Property Services, Waste Management to Landscape and Maintenance and more.
Our client believes in growing and developing from within. A full training and induction programme is carried out for all staff to encourage correct working practices, use of equipment, chemicals and materials that they are expected to use as part of their duties.
- To provide operational support at contract level and ensure that all operational requirements of the contracts are met
- To interface with clients and ensure the Business Development & Operations Manager is kept fully informed of any issues that evolve on site as necessary
- To manage directly employed staff including Area and Site Supervisors
- Responsibility for compliance with health & safety and environmental procedures and legislation
- Complete conversance with company procedures and organisation
The role of Cleaning Contract Manager is vital as you are co-ordinating the operations function ensuring client satisfaction at all sites.
It is important that:
- Clients, staff and other outside agencies are greeted in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- To believe that you work in the best Facilities Management organisation in the country.
Clients should have their enquiries dealt with as soon as possible. You are responsible for keeping up to date records and developing management systems. You should be courteous and respectful to your colleagues at all sites and at all times.
Daily travel to attend at any other sites as required, including but not limited to Gloucestershire and the South West.
Duties will include:
- Provision of operational support at contract level, ensuring that all operational requirements of the contracts are met. This includes the provision of cover cleaning operatives, often at very short notice and may require the Contract Manager to personally clean the site if cover cleaning operatives cannot be sourced.
- Operational planning at contract level with responsibility for contract performance and monitoring. The Business Development & Operations Manager must be informed of any issues.
- Client interface. This will include listening to the clients, taking notes, advising the client when you hope to get back to them, investigating, solving issues if possible and reporting back to clients as promised, keeping the Business Development & Operations Manager and other staff / Directors informed as necessary.
- Management of directly employed staff including Area and Site Supervisors including recruitment and selection, training, performance management and staff retention. Checking documentation to confirm employee identification, address, and right to remain and work in the UK etc. in accordance with our client's procedures.
- Management of budgets in liaison with the Operations Director.
- Taking part in training and meetings as required.
- Informing the HR Manager of any personal or health issues that are causing concern and Payroll Department any change of personal information such as home address, telephone number etc.
- Pro-active involvement in our client's risk management, environmental and quality management systems.
- Understanding and implementing our client's organisation, services, standard procedures and policies.
- Provision and maintenance of Site Reference Manuals at all sites in designated area including Health & Safety documentation, Environmental documentation and COSHH data sheets.
- Attending regular client site meetings as required.
- Carrying out risk assessments as required and sending them back to the Risk
- Management Focal Point.
- Stock control - ensuring that sites have correct stock products and levels on site.
- Contact point for enquiries from our client's departments including sales, stores, administration, accounts, HR and payroll.
- Responsibility for ensuring the timely collation and reporting of management information including KPI's, SLA's and quality audits, as well as the development of management systems.
To be considered for the Cleaning Contract Manager role you should be ex-military and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Relevant Health and Safety knowledge and experience.
- NVQ Level 2 Cleaning and Support Services
- BICS Assessor
- NEBOSH or IOSH
- Experience in completing various H&S paperwork
- Updated knowledge of BS EN ISO 9001: 2008, OHSAS 18001: 2007 and ISO 14001: 2004 quality standards
- Demonstrate values in regard to customer service, courtesy to all clients, suppliers, work colleagues and other agency professionals
- Confident and able to work unsupervised.
- Build confidence and competence through the application of instruction and training.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Good communication.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- A team player who is self-motivated and driven.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Starter / finisher.
- Full and Clean UK Driving licence.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Willing to work outside contractual hours if required.
Ref: 13024 | Published: 31th May 2016