Salary: £45k per annum
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
You will have the responsibility to manage the effective, efficient and timely delivery of pre-qualifications questionnaires and bids within the Inter Urban business.
- Support the Inter Urban Management Team and the Traffic and Infra Business Development Teams to identify viable bidding opportunities in line with budgetary objectives and strategic goals.
- Organise and lead bids to deliver winning proposals.
- Manage quality and financial aspects of bids ensuring full compliance with bid requirements corporate governance procedures.
- Manage resources for effective and timely submissions which may require concurrent delivery of multiple bids.
- Work effectively with the Inter Urban bid team, business managers, support functions, supply chain partners, sub-consultants and sub-contractors to deliver innovative quality and financial proposals.
- Manage communication with clients during the bid process.
- Manage the supply chain appointed for the bid.Enhance bidding skills within the Inter Urban Bid team.
The role is focussed on the management, organisation and co-ordination of the bid process and the bespoke bid teams.
- The role has no directly reporting members of staff, however with the growth of the Inter Urban unit there is the possibility that management of a team will be required.
- The role drives a bespoke bid team based upon support from internal and external partners at varying levels and numbers and input to produce the required outputs on time and to the necessary quality, and challenges at each level to produce a bid in its best possible light.
- It is likely that several bids will be running concurrently and requiring diverse input.
- The role deals with the individual commercial requirements of each bid, with bespoke approaches being developed to meet each requirement.
- High accuracy is required, especially in regard to the internal governance process and meeting the individual bid requirements.
- The role involves switching between tasks hourly with fixed deadlines for completion of multiple aspects and also includes interruptions from telephone and electronic queries.
- The role involves working under extreme time pressure. Time critical constraints apply to meeting bid deadlines and to driving the best possible content for each bid.
- The role holder should be aware of market developments in the sector in which they are bidding.
- The role implements bid best practice.
The role predominantly involves working in office conditions, with regular travel to customer, supplier and other Company sites. The role required extensive use of display screen equipment.
To be considered for this role you should be ex-military and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A suitable technical qualification or demonstrable role experience.
- Management and preparation of successful bids and associated documentation.
- Management of disparate bid teams
- Demonstrable track record of a high bid success rate
- Experience of managing the bid process from pre-qualification to the preparation of bids; working with staff from across the business; setting timetables, allocating work, and collating inputs; preparing documentation, collating financial submissions and presenting final solutions internal and external.
- Clarity of thought and ability to express requirements clearly and succinctly.
- Excellent drafting skills to provide clear and compelling bids.
- Organised and structured working style to successfully deliver a bid.
- Work effectively in a time constrained environment.
- Good analytic and evaluation skills.
- Commercial know-how with the ability to create and prepare financial spreadsheets for a bid.
- Understanding risk issues and preparation of risk management plans.
- Highly skilled in the use of MS Office products required in bid production.
- Excellent organisational ability.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Good at working to challenging deadlines.
- Problem solving ability, often under pressure.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Team player.
- Ability to engage, lead and motivate others.
- Independent and capable of working flexibly on multiple parallel projects.
- Conceptual thinker, problem solver.
- Full UK Driving licence and ability to travel with overnight stays when required.
- Willingness to work outside of contracted hours if required.
Ref: 12921 | Published: 03th Jun 2015