ATO/NVQ Centre Manager/Trainer & Assessor (Ex-Military Only)
Salary: £35,000 - £41,000
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
As an ATO/NVQ Centre Manager/Trainer & Assessor your role will be:
- To act as a Training Centre and NVQ/CBQ Centre Manager and to ensure that all HEA and Health and Safety training is identified and delivered either internally or through recognised partners.
- Responsible for scheduling and overseeing the activities of the NVQ Assessor and Technical Skills trainer.
- To assist operatives and management in building NVQ workbooks. Assessing and internally verifying NVQ workbooks.
- Providing assistance in building & maintaining Sector Scheme 8 Competency Portfolios.
- To be responsible for carrying out a range of activities related to health, safety, technical training and competency management in consultation with the relevant managers within the business.
The responsibilities of an ATO/NVQ Centre Manager/Trainer & Assessor are:
- Act as Approved Training Centre manager, coordinating and scheduling HEA training activities and ensuring all relevant processes are complied with.
- Guide the development of the team in line with HEA requirements.
- Manage the CBQ/NVQ centre and associated processes.
- Work with the QHSE & HR teams to ensure employee operational competence is maintained
- Undertake the role of NVQ Assessor.
- Undertake the role of NVQ Internal Verifier.
- Build NVQ Workbooks to a high standard.
- Build & maintain Sector Scheme 8 Competency Portfolios.
- Drive the management of Sector Scheme Compliance.
- Carry out technical training as required.
- There may be a future requirement to line manage a small team of subject matter experts as the business evolves and grows.
- Ensure processes and procedures in place in line with HEA and CBQ/NVQ requirements
- Maintain personal accreditations to be able to offer training, NVQ assessment and verification.
- Assess NVQs undertaken by employees through checking evidence in workbooks and carrying out onsite observations.
- Internally verify the work of other NVQ Assessor and Technical Skills trainer within the company.
- Undertake the role of NVQ Assessor and Verifier for external clients.
- Help build NVQ workbooks for individuals.
- Help build Sector Scheme 8 Competency Portfolios.
- Oversee Practical Performance Assessments.
- Working with the business to understand HEA training and health and safety training requirements and creating training plans accordingly.
- Carry out and ensure administration tasks associated with NVQs and the Sector Scheme are carried out in line with required quality standards
- Provide guidance to management in order to maintain a competent workforce.
- Provide guidance to management to ensure competent contractors are appointed.
- Provide assurance information relating to effectiveness of training / training centre and competency of workforce for work winning (tender and bid work)
- Design & deliver training as required.
- Represent the company with external clients, training bodies and enforcement bodies,
- Provide support & advice in the completion of QHSE sections of tenders
- Take the lead in the preparation and assist in audits from external bodies e.g. LANTRA or HEA.
- Take a leading role in keeping on top of industry / legal changes to anticipate future needs.
To be considered for the ATO/NVQ Centre Manager/Trainer & Assessor position, you should have served in the British Armed Forces and have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- NVQ Assessor (A1) NVQ/QCF Assessor Certificate (or Award).
- NVQ Verifier (V1) NVQ/QCF Level Awards and Certificate in Assessing the Quality of Assessment
- Sector Scheme QS course
- Relevant Qualifications to undertake Highways Electrical Engineer role.
- HEA approved trainer for multiple modules.
- Experience of managing an HEA or CBQ/NVQ centre
- In depth practical knowledge of the Highways Electrical Industry.
- Experience of training others
- Experience of assessing others to NVQ standards
- Strong communicator.
- Efficient time management.
- Effective prioritisation and delegation.
- Intermediate level of IT knowledge (Microsoft) for use in projects.
- Recording & documenting evidence including use of video.
- Ability to manage change & conflict avoidance
- Coaching and leading business change.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised.
- Able to coach others.
- Enthusiasm, Drive & Determination
- Ability to work in a team
- Analytical problem solver
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Wiling to travel with overnight stops when required.
- On-going CPD to ensure up to date knowledge
Ref: 12979 | Published: 01th Dec 2015