Role: Assistant Site Manager (Ex-Military preferred)
Location: High Wycombe
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Production Director
Our Client is one of the largest homebuilders in the UK, operating from 24 regional offices across England, Scotland, Wales and Spain. They aim to be the developer of choice for customers, employees, communities and shareholders.
Our Client is known for building a wide range of properties, from one- and two-bedroom apartments to five bedrooms detached houses, with a broad price range including both private and affordable homes. They are truly national and they cover most regions across the UK. Their regional businesses are run as local homebuilders and have in-depth knowledge and experience of the local market.
Our Client understands that development is about more than creating homes and they provide millions of pounds worth of infrastructure, for example roads, sewers, landscaping and community facilities, every year across the UK. They aim to develop vibrant communities with a true sense of place that fit into their surrounding area and meet the needs of local people.
To efficiently manage the field operations including controlling sub-contractors day to day operations and ensuring that material supplies are available in conjunction with the materials controller.
Assist the Site Manager in the planning and programming of site activities ensuring the work is completed in a safe manner. Deputise for the Site Manager when necessary
- Organisation and Control of labour and sub-contractors
- Completion of weekly planning sheets to ensure the overall build programme is met.
- Provide direction to individual contractors and contractor's management to ensure quality standards are met.
- Resolve any conflicts that may occur between operations.
- Co-ordinate with the materials controller to ensure the availability of materials to meet the construction programme.
- Maintain daily diary to record site events and requirements.
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Undertake a site safety induction for all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health and Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the George Wimpey Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Completion of all statutory forms on a weekly basis.
- Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub contractors or George Wimpey management.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements
- Liaise on a daily basis with the sales executive regarding customer options and variations.
- Liaise with the sales executive, buying department and sub contractors regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Co-ordinating with the sales executive the resolution of customer issues
- Site Inspection
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
- Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- Accompany inspectors during the course of their visits.
- Customer Care
- Assist the site manager with the introduction of the customer to their new home at the familiarisation visit ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved.
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation.
- Assist the site manager in regular visits to customers post legal completion to ensure the customers satisfaction with their new home.
- Assist the site manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Quality Control
- Assist the site manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
- Undertake regular inspection of each property during each stage of the build process and complete "snagging lists".
- Issue defect sheets to relevant trades.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
- Site Presentation
- Assist the site manager applying Company franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
- Control of Work
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company procedures in skips provided.
- Building team spirit.
- Business awareness.
- Customer focus.
- Decision making.
- Detailed building and construction experience.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Management of people.
- Cost controls (working to site budgets).
Ref: 13202_1499249550 | Published: 05th Jul 2017