Job Title: Academy Manager (ex-Military candidate preferred)
Type: Fixed Term Contract / Consultancy based
Our client is a UK based inland river passenger service.
- Design, develop and deliver all modules for the Academy, working closely with the training team to ensure all training is completed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Manage the statutory training programs of operations staff which includes, but is not limited to, STCW, ISM, the High-Speed Craft code and Boat Masters Licence (BML) training.
- Deliver theory training to all crew on High-Speed Craft and Class V vessels, ensuring all trainees has a coach and mentor assigned.
- Strategic workforce planning, supported by HR, to identify a talent pipeline to enable the business to achieve growth plans and commitments to internal succession.
- Line Management responsibility for the Training Officer and Senior Training Master.
- Ensure all the Operations team afloat receive appropriate training to adequately perform in their roles.
- Project manage the consolidation of all existing training packages within the organisation into one comprehensive programme for all employees.
- Maintain and develop the training matrix for all operational staff, ensuring all statutory requirements are met, any training needs are identified and a timely training solution is delivered.
- Identify supplementary and developmental training needs for all staff within the Operation team and in conjunction with the relevant department leads.
- Support recruitment and probation periods of all new starters within the Operational teams (including Fleet, Customer Services, Catering and Engineering).
- Lead the implementation and delivery of customer service based training to improve the overall customer experience.
- Work closely with the Business Scheduling Executive to ensure training is scheduled and requests are rostered in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the HR Business Partner, create, develop and implement new and engaging training content and materials, with particular emphasis on e-learning and development of our LMS.
- Develop the drills training offering and conduct a life raft drill with crew annually, including video of the event for training purposes onto e-learning.
- Own the company training budget from budget build to tracking and reforecast as required
- Build productive and mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally (contractors, local regulatory authorities and educational institutions).
- Liaise with operational managers to ensure adequate resources are available to deliver training.
- Maintain departmental training related records and collateral, ensuring Management Information is produced in good time for monthly reporting.
- Support operational managers with the selection process for new team members working afloat and with progression and development of staff into higher ranks.
- Assist in developing and maintaining effective teamwork within departments and offices worldwide.
- Provide and promote the highest level of customer service.
- Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance.
- Ensure that you comply with all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practice as required by current legislation and the Company's Health and Safety Policy and practices.
- Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood.
- Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilised to minimise waste and reduce costs.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by any member of the senior management team.
- Experienced Marine professional with Boat Masters Licence
- Proven track record of teaching the marine syllabus
- Experience of working under MCA regulations
- Experience in leadership, mentoring or coaching staff/crew
- Positive with a "can do" attitude and commitment to delivering the best
- Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- STCW Officer of the Watch Unlimited
- Experience in setting up/running a training facility
- Knowledge of the Boat Masters syllabus
- Knowledge ISM and High-Speed Craft Code
- Project Management experience
- Experience in managing a training budget
- Passenger Ferry or High-Speed operations experience
Ref: 13283/001_1539246344 | Published: 11th Oct 2018