Job Title: Academy Manager (ex-Military candidate preferred)
Type: Fixed Term Contract / Consultancy based
Our client is a well-known river bus service on the river Thames. The company operates both commuter services between eastern and Central London and tourist services under licence from London River Services. At present they transport around 8,500 passengers daily.
- Design, develop and deliver all modules for the Academy, working closely with the training team to ensure all training is completed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Manage the statutory training programs of operations staff which includes, but is not limited to, STCW, ISM, the High Speed Craft code and Boat Masters Licence (BML) training.
- Deliver theory training to all crew on High Speed Craft and Class V vessels, ensuring all trainees has a coach and mentor assigned.
- Strategic workforce planning, supported by HR, to identify a talent pipeline to enable the business to achieve growth plans and commitments to internal succession.
- Line Management responsibility for the Training Officer and Senior Training Master.
- Ensure all the Operations team afloat receive appropriate training to adequately perform in their roles.
- Project manage the consolidation of all existing training packages within the organisation into one comprehensive programme for all employees.
- Maintain and develop the training matrix for all operational staff, ensuring all statutory requirements are met, any training needs are identified and a timely training solution is delivered.
- Identify supplementary and developmental training needs for all staff within the Operation team and in conjunction with the relevant department leads.
- Support recruitment and probation periods of all new starters within the Operational teams (including Fleet, Customer Services, Catering and Engineering).
- Lead the implementation and delivery of customer service based training to improve the overall customer experience.
- Work closely with the Business Scheduling Executive to ensure training is scheduled and requests are rostered in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the HR Business Partner, create, develop and implement new and engaging training content and materials, with particular emphasis on e-learning and development of our LMS.
- Develop the drills training offering and conduct a life raft drill with crew annually, including video of event for training purposes onto e-learning.
- Own the company training budget from budget build to tracking and reforecast as required
- Build productive and mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally (contractors, local regulatory authorities and educational institutions).
- Liaise with operational managers to ensure adequate resources are available to deliver training.
- Maintain departmental training related records and collateral, ensuring Management Information is produced in good time for monthly reporting.
- Support operational managers with the selection process for new team members working afloat and with progression and development of staff into higher ranks.
- Assist in developing and maintaining effective team work within departments and offices worldwide.
- Provide and promote the highest level of customer service.
- Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance.
- Ensure that you comply with all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practice as required by current legislation and the Company's Health and Safety Policy and practices.
- Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood.
- Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilised to minimise waste and reduce costs.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by any member of the senior management team.
- Experienced Marine professional with Boat Masters Licence
- Proven track record of teaching marine syllabus
- Experience of working under MCA regulations
- Experience in leadership, mentoring or coaching staff/crew
- Positive with a "can do" attitude and commitment to delivering the best
- Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- STCW Officer of the Watch Unlimited
- Experience in setting up/running a training facility
- Knowledge of the Boat Masters syllabus
- Knowledge ISM and High Speed Craft Code
- Project Management experience
- Experience in managing a training budget
- Passenger Ferry or High Speed operations experience
Ref: 13283/001_1539161876 | Published: 10th Oct 2018